I haven't been here in over a year

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jacereske, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacereske

jacereske Member

I first joined this board in February 2014 when our Eve was diagnosed. She was DKA, but survived and actually went into remission in 1 week. Unfortunately, over the years many subsequent illnesses (pancreatits, asthma, IBD) required steroids, so she was in and out of remission several times.

In June 2016 we adopted a 16 year old diabetic kitty, Keno. I spent over a year trying to get her regulated. She developed hyperthyroid in December 2017, which unmasked her kidney disease and we had to start sub-q fluids. That sent her into remission from her diabetes.

In April 2018, we lost Keno due to her kidney disease. Less than 3 months later, Evie went into acute kidney failure and despite 4 days of IV fluids in the hospital, her kidneys did not recover. So a little over a week later we sent her to the Bridge.

So now I have no more diabetic kitties. I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for all of the help I received here and I will try to stop in regularly to help others. This really is an amazing group of dedicated people.

With gratitude,
    Jeanette

2. Ashe & Chim

Ashe & Chim New Member

Hi Jeanette,

I joined FDMB in 2016 when our kitty Chim was diagnosed as diabetic. He recently passed (lung cancer) and I feel the same - this group was incredibly helpful and supportive, even when I wasn't able to contribute as much as I would have liked.

I am so sorry for the loss of Eve and Keno. Nothing is harder than saying goodbye to the friends we've known and loved for so long.

Sending all the love and hugs we can offer. :bighug:

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

We lost two to kidney disease within months of each other last year. It seriously sucks, no two ways about it. I really feel for you, so sorry...

We'll see you around the board :bighug:

4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Hi Jeanette! Glad you stopped in again!

I am so sorry you lost both your sweet furbabies. ❤️ It's always so painful, and two, close together like that, is doubly hard to take. I know they both will live on forever in your heart, and the hearts of all who knew them. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.