I just entered the twilight zone.. PMPS 110

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurBabiesMama, Jan 15, 2018.

  1. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2017
    I was not expecting a PS this low. Current dose is 2.25. I am thinking I should give her 1.75. Would love thoughts on this if anyone is on. Thanks.
     
  2. Djamila

    Djamila Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2015
    I would probably stall without feeding and re-test in 30 minutes.
     
  3. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2017
    I should add that I have just 9 strips left. I ordered strips when I was still on my last vial, before I even opened this one, but they are still not here. ADW was where I ordered from, and I have not had it take this long to get something from them. I started getting worried the other day so I ordered some from Amazon that were supposed to arrive Sunday, but they did not. USPS tracking says 'we are sorry your package is late'. I will probably get both deliveries tomorrow, but being this low makes me nervous.. especially when she starts giving me some crazy numbers to monitor. :nailbiting:
     
  4. Djamila

    Djamila Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2015
    Well shoot. That does complicate things. When does ADW tracking say their package should arrive?
     
  5. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2017
    The USPS is not great at tracking. It was stuck in some funky stage for a couple of days, so I emailed ADW, and they told me it should arrive Tuesday. I just checked the USPS tracking, and it has now changed to show that it should arrive by end of day tomorrow.
     
  6. Djamila

    Djamila Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2015
    I think given the limited testing ability, I'd error on the side of caution. The 1.75u sounds good, but I would still stall a little before you give it to her. If you don't feel confident that the strips should arrive from one source or the other by tomorrow, then I would suggest feeding her, waiting another 30 minutes after the food to let the BG rise a little, and then give the dose. You don't want the insulin to grab onto that 110 when you don't have enough strips to do a bunch of extra tests.
     
    Critter Mom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  7. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2017
    I HAVE STRIPS! The post office delivered the Amazon package. YAY!
     
    Critter Mom, JanetNJ and Sarah Smith like this.
  8. Djamila

    Djamila Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2015
    oh wow! How is that for timing? You're also at about 30 minutes from the original post, so if you test again now if might be easier to decide anyway.
     
    Critter Mom likes this.
  9. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2017
    She was 152. I went with the 1.75. Thanks for the support @Djamila :bighug:
     
    Critter Mom, Djamila and Sarah Smith like this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

    Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    I used that feed/wait 30+ minutes/test again/give shot method a few times when Teasel was on ProZinc. It's not an "official" technique but can be useful.
     
    Critter Mom and Djamila like this.
  11. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2017
    Agreed. I have had to use it a few times myself.
     
    Kris & Teasel likes this.

Share This Page