I might have messed up...?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Djamila, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

So I was planning to increase his dose tonight, but his PMPS was 214 which is lower than normal. I gave him a skinny 2u, but now I'm scared that maybe I shouldn't have increased on the lower pre-shot?

He hasn't been dropping very much, so my thinking was that even though the PS was lower, since he's been pretty flat, giving 2u would still give him 150-ish points of room. But what if the bigger dose makes him drop more than he has been?

I'm home to monitor, but I'm feeling really nervous about this. What do you think? Are we in trouble? What would you have done? My stomach is all full of nervous butterflies now!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I think he'll probably be OK. Try for a +2 and a +4 this evening.

Djamila likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it. He's always had gentle drops. You know what to do if he drops too low? Have high carb food/karo/honey?

I really don't think he's going to end up dropping all the way down to 50 but he might...but if so, you can steer with food and there will be people around on the board to help guide you (there always are). Just remember to post on Health so more eyes can be on it.

I do think he'll be fine though.

Djamila likes this.
  4. Djamila

Thank you both for the reassurance! I have Karo, a few cans of FF gravy, and some kibble that I've been hiding from him. He would be over the moon happy to get either one of them! And some Fortiflora to entice him to eat more regular food if he just needs some gentle steering. I've just never had to deal with that and it makes me nervous. I'm in Seattle, so I know I'm in a late time zone for most people on here - so thank you for the reminder to post in Health if he does drop. Fingers crossed he sticks with the gentle drops he's been showing so far, and just hits a nice green, not a scary green!

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I think it will get you where you want him. Lower blues to high greens.

6. Djamila

Okay, his +2 is 193. Now I feel silly for being so worried. Thanks again for the calming words!

JanetNJ likes this.
  7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Not a problem! We've all had those panicky moments. In hindsight it's easy to be calm but ahead of time...well you've seen how these kitties can be unpredictable!

8. JanetNJ

I'd stick with that 2 u dose. :)

9. Djamila

So last night I was so worried he was going to go too low, and now I'm sad that he isn't going lower. Marathon...marathon...marathon...

Last time we were here we got to sprint (only about three weeks from first shot to last shot). It looks like this time is going to be a different journey. Sue did warn me about that (ohmygoodness I miss her already!). Thanks to everyone here for sharing your journeys. It's nice to know we aren't alone with all of this.

10. Pati

Pati Member

So now you get to feel how the other half lives. :) Seriously, I can imagine how frustrating it is for you this time around since your previous experience was different. Hang in there!

Djamila likes this.
  11. Djamila

Sigh. Yup. Looks like we're taking the slow train this time. I try to keep reminding myself that his numbers are (mostly) good, so at least he isn't suffering from it too much. And it's a lot easier to leave the house and not worry too much knowing that he isn't making any big drops! (trying to find a bright side here)

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there Djamila ~ Looks like Sam is bouncing some from last night's cycle as he could have gone into a high green and thus his stinky pinky this morning. See on the PM of 2/25 he was 145 @+ 4? And the next day he had a pink start? Again last night at +4 he was 143 and then today AM he was a pink again. I think he could have gone green both times and is bouncing.

Can you get a +6 on him tonight? It might be helpful to see how low he is going.

13. Djamila

Bobbie - that's a really great observation! Thank you so much! I hadn't noticed that those pinks are mostly after possible bounce points. And that might help explain why he was so flat today too. He's usually been rising by +6, but today he wasn't, so maybe the bigger doses are lasting longer? I'll set an alarm and see if I can get a later number tonight.

14. Djamila

Well, that didn't work. I slept through the alarm for the +6 last night, and then this morning at shot time, Samir moved and missed part of the dose. He got some, but not the whole thing. Grrrr! :banghead::facepalm:

15. JanetNJ

200-250 2 u.
    Bummer. Fur shots are frustrating. You'll get it next time.

16. Bobbie And Bubba

FS are so frustrating. Maybe more than you think got into Sam.

17. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

You can get a test around his nadir to if he got more than you think, or less even. I think everyone is bound to get a fur shot here and there :bighug:

18. Djamila

I hope so. The wet spot was small, so I know he got at least some of it. I don't think he'll mind having the day off from testing though. He's been a little snuggle bug this morning - usually he's not the biggest fan of human contact, but he's been curled up on my lap all morning.

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Can't get any better than that !!!

Rachel, Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  20. Djamila

Maybe I should have checked him today. His PMPS was 386!!! How is that possible? Even if he missed the whole dose, he's never been that high!

21. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Remember its just one cycle and just one number. Could be the fur shot or some contraband or "hey look a squirrel" syndrome! Done let it panic you. I believe he'll come back down to good numbers soon!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  22. Djamila

We're at +3 and he's gone from 386 to 159 and it's still pretty early in the cycle. He just went to get a snack (he free feeds), so it looks like he's steering himself right now. Smart kitty. :cat:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.