I NEED HOMEMADE COOKED FOOD RECIPE FOR DIABETIC CATS

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pallid, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pallid

Pallid Member

Hello Guys,

I've learned that Fancy Feast wont be imported to Turkey anymore. And there is no any other good canned food here.
    I decided to make his food by myself.

http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.html

I found that, so do you think, these recipes are good for a diabetic cat?
    or
    If you make your babies food, Could you send me the recipes?

Thank You,
    Hande

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

3. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Re: I NEED HOMEMADE RECIPE FOR DIABETIC CATS

Hello,
    I use this one as well, expect a bit of time for transition, or at least for my girls it did. We are doing much better now! sooo glad that they are finally choosing this over the ff/friskies, but we are still doing both.
    I ordered a Tasin grinder and ordered the vitamins from Iherb like the catinfo.org suggested. I did price shop a bit and found that this site was just as good as any other place and felt better ordering from the same site as Lisa.... Might not be avail. for Turkey tho????
    I have started out doing 1/2 pre cooked/ semi cooked (I bake) and 1/2 raw and put in baby food jars separately. Then I mix together when served. I stored about 2 -2 1/2 oz in ea jar. WE are going thru jars like crazy! I think it will probably take a while longer before my 2 are 100% raw/semi cooked.
    But, I know that we are on our way.
    Good luck, my sweet Bean is looking sooo much better, finally gaining some weight, coat is beautiful and muscle is finally showing up again.
    Itlle Sista is only 4-5 months old and she started basically with raw once she got here (at 8 wks). She eats alot more of it than her sister. Her coat almost looks wet all the time, my friend came over and commented on how soft she was, I was sooo proud to say - that is the raw - that she eats ;-)

4. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Re: I NEED HOMEMADE RECIPE FOR DIABETIC CATS

Any homemade raw food is fine for a diabetic cat just as long as you're not adding grains or starches or uncessary fruits/veggies :smile:

Here's another web site with recipies and general info on feeding raw: http://feline-nutrition.org

5. Pallid

Pallid Member

Hello Guys,

Thank You for the recipes...But I want to cook him with cooked food...
    Any suggestion for cooked homemade food?

Thank You,

Oscar&Junior&Mommy likes this.
  6. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

The only thing I know is that you should bake and not boil the food. I think steaming is ok, not as good as baking and if you bake to completely done, dont feed the bone. Just what I am learning. Think it has something to do with the bones being brittle.

7. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Will your cat not eat raw food? Or do you have reasons for not wanting to feed raw?

Here's one cooked meat recipie: http://rawmeatcatfood.com/2010/08/16/cooked-meat/ You will need to use the TC Instinct pre-mix with it. Plain cooked meat is not nutritionally adequate for a cat.

8. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

Even if the meat was cooked, the bone still needs to be ground with the meat.

There is no problem with bone in any form - cooked or raw - as long as the bones are ground up.

For the original poster - The problem with fully cooked meat is that we have no idea what nutrients are destroyed or damaged in the cooking process. See my Making Cat Food page for a discussion regarding partially baking WHOLE thighs to kill the surface bacteria. This makes the diet far safer than any dry food. Dry food is contaminated with bacteria and fungal mycotoxins....it is very far from a clean source of food.

Girl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.