? I need someone to check out what I am doing with Oreo Joe

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bonnie & Oreo Joe, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

I have attached a picture and did write on it but you might not be able to read it so will repeat it.
    Back when I started insulin I asked how many lines I needed for the dose he was on. I can barely see the lines on the syringe. I don't remember how many lines but supposedly I am now giving Oreo Joe 6½ U and I realized with the ½ unit marks I count the space between each line and if I was supposed to only count the large line it would be 2 spaces for 1U. Then I really screwed up. I think I am giving 6½ units and I am counting 10½ lines. If I am counting wrong then he is getting much less. As I have upped the dose I go ½ of the line after what he was getting. I hope you can see the picture I attached and read what I wrote. It takes me 15 minutes to fill a syringe and then not always sure it is correct. If off it is by very little one way or the other. I think I have really messed up. Thank you so much for being here for me. I would be so lost my poor Oreo Joe would die.
    Big Hugs, Bonnie

Attached Files:

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Bonnie- Can you confirm if those syringes say u40 or u100 on them? I can't tell from the picture. It should be written towards the bottom of the syringe near the plunger.

3. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

They are U40 syringes. Just had a fight as the vet didn't write what syringe and I got U100. I am positive it is U40 it has a red cap and red lines.

4. Djamila

Okay, next question: It looks like you drew two blue lines on your picture. It looks to me like one is pointing to the line for 5u. The other one is pointing to the line for 7u. Which one have you been using for dosing?

5. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

I go to the 5 and then 1½ more spaces to make what I thought was 6½ units.

6. Djamila

Got it. It looked like it was pointing to the line, not the space, but it's hard to see from the pic.

So yes, it sounds like what you are doing is correct and that you're at 6.5u. Hopefully some other folks will take a look and read through and say if they are in agreement as well, just in case I'm looking at this incorrectly.

7. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

Than God! I have been trying all day to figure out what I was doing. I was going to up to 7 U tomorrow but will be gone for the morning so will be waiting an extra day. Thank you for helping me.

8. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

How many small lines are in between the big lines on the syringes you have?

9. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

There is a big line and a small line and then a big line then a small line. I can't find a picture of any syringe really showing the lines.

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

That would be 6.5 u.

11. Kris & Teasel

The big lines are full units and the small lines are half units.

12. Kris & Teasel

Maybe this will help. This image is for syringes that hold 30 units in total but the full and half unit marks in the left hand diagram would be similar to your syringes.

upload_2018-7-23_19-31-49.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.