I present to you Ouija

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lise Bourassa, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lise Bourassa

Lise Bourassa New Member

HI!, my name is Lise and I just adopted an 11 year old female cat that I named Ouija like the board.
    She was diagnosed a year ago but her family did nothing , and when they asked the vet to put her dow she refused and they got rid of her.
    She a wonderful cat and already runs the house hold, I have two other cats and two dogs, all are black in color and all are adopted.
    She arrived on the 27th of November and saw the vet on the 30th.
    I transitionned her to canned food right away seeing as she was on a cheep dry cat food, and already after two weeks she is doing much better.
    The blood tests came back and no major organs are affected so she´s a fighter, and I love her!
    I am getting better at the ear prick and she is verry forgiving.:D
    I am establishing a glycemic curbe and from there we my vet and I will decide how to move forward .

2. DeLora

DeLora New Member

Lisa,
    You are such a dear for adopting her and giving her a better life! Wishing both of you all the luck.

Critter Mom and Lise Bourassa like this.
  3. MerMor

MerMor New Member

Diet change and testing are the first steps!

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lise,

Welcome to you and Ouija.

It's lovely to hear from someone who adopts black kitties; even better, black sugar kitties! :D

Great job getting started on diet change and home testing. Be sure to get the ear really warm and smear a thin film of Vaseline over the test area to help the blood sample bead up. As you continue to test more capillaries will develop at the test sites, so it will become progressively easier to get blood samples.

Be sure to ask lots of questions; there's a good deal to learn in the early days and we'll do all we can to help you both. A good place to start posting is on the Feline Health board. Here's a handy link:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/

I'm glad to hear that Ouija is already starting to feel better. Long may this continue!

:bighug:

Mogs

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Lucky Ouija. Appropriate name for a black kitty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.