I think we have a winner!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Booger has eaten dry food most of his life. I have been struggling to switch him to wet food lately. Everytime I would put wet food down he would just lick the liquid out of it and leave the food itself. I decided to try to get different flavors of fancy feast to see if I could find one he would acrually eat. Last night I put down the Tender Liver and Chicken Feast and HE ATE IT ALL! Twice now that I have put this down and he left the bowl empty! I will be going to Wal-Mart today to see if I can exchange these other cans for this flavor. I can not find the receipt so I hope they will still allow me to exchange. Wish me luck!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

That is awesome, yes it can be a crazy thing to finally find something they like, I remember having 4 or 5 flavors open at one time trying to find something he liked, when you do it’s time for a party lol

krazy4kritters likes this.
  3. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Amen to that! Tired of wasting money lol

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Yeah! Congratulations!

Oh yes, I remember those days of trying to switch my dry food addict Wink to wet food. I usually had a smorgasbord of 3 flavors for him to try. He finally decided that wet food was ok and he loved the Fancy Feast Turkey and Giblets. Even then, I'd try different flavors because I was afraid he would decide he didn't like that particular flavor. Eventually, he would eat anything I gave him.

Fortunately, I had 2 other kitties to eat any 'rejects' that Wink didn't like so did not have the food going to waste.

Tried almost all of the tips and tricks from Dr. Lisa Pierson's article Transitioning Dry Food Addicts to Wet Food. Took a lot of patience and about 6 weeks, but shortly after that food change to low carb, Wink went OTJ (off-the-juice, insulin being the juice) and he stayed in remission.

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Of course if you buy a case of it he will decide he no longer likes it.

6. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Congrats!!! I am very pleased with Boogers levels the last few days.

Bellasmom likes this.
  7. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Lol yeah I just took the 12 cans I had of different flavors to Wal-Mart whetr I bought them and exchanged them for this flavor. I will get other flavors soon as my two little monkeys (cats names Monkey and Chunky Monkey) love the fancy feast.

Bellasmom likes this.
  8. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

...so cool! If he suddenly decides he doesn’t like it... keep them feed something else for three days then viola!!! He suddenly likes it again!!!

Cat’s moods for food change like the weather..

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

My human bought me a whole case of my favorite food.jpg

10. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

11. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I feel your pain with the food! I’m very lucky Diamond is the clean up crew. My other 4 on the other hand....like one flavor one day and not the next but will eat it 5 days later. FYI, Petco will take back any open food if your pet doesn’t like it, even cans. I’ve done it many times. Especially with Tiki Cat. I can’t afford to throw $3 in the garage!
    I also price compare with Petco’s online vs store prices (use my phone). Often I will find it’s priced cheaper online than in the store. When I check out I just show the cashier my phone with the Petco store price and they adjust it!

Magic Johnson likes this.
  12. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Thank you good to know!

Magic Johnson likes this.
  13. Chris & China (GA)

Doesn't it start to get smelly out there?.....LOL

14. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Blahhhh. Garbage I mean.

15. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I just added an edit about price comparing

16. Chris & China (GA)

LOL...yeah I know....it was just too big an opening for me to ignore.....I woke up in a bit of a smart-a$$ mood today

Besides, every once in awhile we have to laugh to keep from crying ;)

Magic Johnson and krazy4kritters like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.