I was just at the vet and they want to do 1.2 units of glargine and I'm thinking it's not time to st

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie mueller, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

I gave the vets my curve chart at my appointment to start insulin and they wanted to start him on 1.2 Units twice a day . I just feel like that's too high and I also feel like if I gave him longer with just diet change it would help.

I added the chart I did.. it was for yesterday
    Input??

Also - today's levels were ..

11am- 193
    1pm - 141

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Here is a link to your related post yesterday for anyone who did not see it: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...le-contemplating-insulin.213537/#post-2365563

As I said in that thread, I think you could drop the glycobalance dry food and give it another couple of days to see what impact that has. If your test results still warrant insulin, I would start with a very small dose, probably .25 unit twice a day. I would not start with 1 unit or more.

3. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

Thank you -
    I have not given any dry food and no treats today and his levels were 193 at 11am and 141 at 1pm

AmandaE likes this.
  4. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

When I took my guy off dry food, his bg went down dramatically for the first 3 days. It dropped a little more over the next week or 2 but the drop the first 3 days was huge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.