ideas for active toys, please help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by seamist, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamist

seamist Member

Now that Sasha is feeling better, he has a lot of energy. He is an outdoor cat, but can't go outside because it is too cold. So he is attacking the other cats, my toddler son, and even me and my husband. Please give me ideas for toys that he can play with by himself that will help him burn off some energy. Something motorized maybe? The toys need to be ones he can use when I am not home.

2. Kathy

Kathy Member

3. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

4. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

5. Kathy

Kathy Member

As I am watching Bert playing, he love the plastic rings from the milk jugs.

He other toy that is a big hit is the crinkle bag.
    It just looks like a cloth sack, but it has a crinkle layer in there.
    He adores attacking the dangers that lurk within that sack :mrgreen:

6. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

7. seamist

seamist Member

The panic mouse website had some interesting toys. What is the difference between the panic mouse and the panic mouse 360? Do they both take the same batteries and have the same battery life? Does the 360 do something more?

About the laser toy, I can't get that because my toddler would stare into the laser light and damage his eyes. We have a problem with him and lights of all kinds.

8. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

I just happened to find something the other day that both Smokie and Fluffy love!
    I opened a closet and saw this large roll of Christmas wrapping paper and thought, my cats LOVE paper! So i tore off a long long long strip and spread it in a room with space and rumple it up a bit and put catnip all over it and they run under it and over it and pounce on it throughout the day. You can always throw it away and put down new when you want to.

9. Rockstah

Rockstah New Member

Very large ostrich or peacock feathers dangling on a string. My cats go crazy, especially if the feathers came from a farm and not a dollar store.

10. Lisa + Frankie

Lisa + Frankie Member

At a local cat show, I bought a fake feather boa cat toy on a wand, something similar to this:
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... ps-sellers

It's been true love, even with my pudgy, lazy Speedy. The boa we bought was a bit longer, but they take great joy in chasing the thing across the living room before a more leisurely attempt at dismemberment.

11. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

12. Lisa and Ruby

Lisa and Ruby New Member

Something novel and new to the cat, but doesn't cost much - take an empty toilet paper roll....put a few small holes in the tube and fill it with some bells, small poof balls, catnip, and/or some no-carb treats (like liv-a-littles)..... Pinch the ends shut and tape them.....then let the cat have at it.

One of my "civies" was an outdoor feral stray who's going a bit stir-crazy being cooped up in the house because of the cold. She really goes for this version of a "pauper's kitty-kong", and it keeps her busy for a bit and out from under my feet.

Lisa and Ruby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.