I'm back again - and an update to acro/cushings/iaa sticky

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Patti and Merlin, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

I'm so embarrassed to be even saying I'm back again. This last year has just seen several changes in life. Please - I'm not looking for all kinds of attention but since losing my mom - I've been helping a favorite cousin of mine with my aunt -she passed away 3 weeks ago and on the 20th we lost one of our special kitties - Lance. He went home to be with my mom. I know he is happy and healthy again and sitting on mom's lap purring away. But it's been kind of a long road recently.

But I'm bound and determined to come back and offer what I can to the group. I've been reading back thru the posts and trying to catch up all morning. So many new people and kitties. And I love the new title of our section. It actually sounds more warm and inviting I think.

I am updating the sticky this weekend. I have checked the links. The one is broken on the one article. I will fix that. If anyone has any articles they think are good or other info they think should be in the sticky - please would you let me know.

Heree are the names I'd like to add:

ACROMEGALY
    Nancy and Cody
    Holly and Pablo
    Gayle and Shadoe
    Karen and Obie
    Jen and Milo Pirahna
    Gayle and Oliver
    Debbie and Bryce
    Susan and Lanky

IAA
    Gayle and Oliver
    Susan and Lanky
    Debbie and Bryce (?) IAA = 8

And a question if anyone knows - whatever happened to Joanne and Buddy (BarnBuddy) ?

And did I miss anyone????
    Please let me know!

I have some articles I'm reading now that if I think they are pertinent I'll share with all of you to see if you are interested!

I just got called into work so I'll check back later!

I hope this finds all of you enjoying the 4th of July w/e!!!!

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Welcome back! It will be great to have you here again.

I am not sure what happened with Barnbuddy; it did not sound like she had a very cooperative vet. Maybe she is just busy off the board?

I look forward to any articles that you may have to post and thanks!

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Patti!!

I'll see if Joanne is around on FB

Would it be good to add a bullet point to the sticky listing the kitties/beans that have gone to CSU for stereotactic radiation?

((((((hugs)))))))

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey Patti,
    Another acro you can add to the list is elise and Pony.
    She is currently using Vetsulin, has run out, does not want to switch, but is considering Caninsulin because she can't get any more Vetsulin.
    She does not post regularly, but did say her results from msu was 400 something.

5. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Hey Patti,
    Glad to see your back!!!!! I'm sure everyone "understands" about the last year. Were all just glad to see you back. Getting ready to switch Buddy over to Levemir on Sunday (7-4-10) Hoping it will be a good change.

Jan

6. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Oh yes Gayle - Thank you - Elise and POny - I totally forgot to write her name above - I had it written on paper - thank you for pointing that out!

names are all updated now under Acro and Iaa list.

And yes Phoebe - GREAT idea about identifying those that have gone for SST! I need to work on that yet!

I'd still like to get Wendy's pics she took of Milo during SST put up on the catacro site. I saved all those. I just have to get them put up there. I'll work on that and maybe put a link to it on the sticky then.

edited to add:

Carolynn - maybe we could update our blogs??? There's SOOO much you could tell about Fletcher. He's our mascot! He's MY boy ya know!!!! He's Merlin's partner in crime!

would anyone else like to write up their stories about their cats either on a blog??? or on wikipedia??? we could hear more about ALL of you???? They are all so special!!! Heather you have soo much to say about Boo! C'mon all of you! Phoebe - Norton was sooo handsome!!! He was Merlin's twin! Wikipedia is easy to do - see my link on Merlin. And if I can do it - anyone can - :lol: Nina, Nancy, Gayle...................we need some new stories here!

Carolyn (and Leo) - HELPPPPP - nailbite_smile I can't get the link to the one article fixed. I have it on my document I work on but I can't get it to transfer her to the sticky. DUH!!!! It needs a tiny url and I don't know how to do it! :shock: :?

ok - 0430 comes too early - time for me to go to bed! Hope you all enjoy the fireworks tomorrow! :RAHCAT drinking24

7. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Joanne replied about Barn Buddy on Facebook:

Joanne King
    "He has good days and bad days:-/ Today is a good one:) He's still on Canninsulin. Haven't worked up the courage to make the switch yet."

I mentioned that we're trying to re-energize the forum, and asked her to come by (left a link)

I'll think about making a blog for Norton. He was very special, and we still miss him.

I've been very busy at work lately, and this week DH is out of town, so I get to take care of the cats. We're still having issues with the new guy -- he is too dominant, and two of my meekest kitties have lost weight and just hide most of the time. One has stopped using the litterbox.

My folks are coming over today to help me with taking boxes to storage -- I need to make a safe place for my two meek kitties -- so goodbye bedroom closet, hello sanctum sanctorum. There is a window and cat tree next to the closet, so i will fence off about 8' x 6' corner of my bedroom and set up a litterbox in the closet.

8. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

So pleased to meet you Patti & Merlin. And, so glad to see the activity in this forum as it is so helpful to so many of us.

There is also an ACRO kitty the has had radiation at UC Davis. Keeping track of all the treatment options & costs including their efficacy would be wonderful. This information helps educate & bring our vets up to speed too. Somebody did a cost comparison between CSU treatment vs. insulin & supplies for a year that was very enlightening.

Lanky is getting a GH test run on July 8 (Minnesota) to go along with the IGH-1 data. My vet is coordinating with Dr. Lunn/CSU to determine our next steps. So, all of this information is very timely & will help us a lot.

Thanks for being here you guys!

9. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Patti and Merlin - Sorry for the late reply. Wanted to say hi and it's nice to meet you. Have heard of you! Wanted to let you know that Bryce's IAA was an 8 which is normal, so does not need to be on the IAA list. GH test being done on July 8 so will update the Acro list and profile. Have learned in a short time what great folks are involved with this board. I don't check in as often as I would like, but know it's important. Thank you (and the others) for being there!

10. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Thanks Debbie
    I wasn't quite sure to be truthful - 8 was on the edge and I didn't kow how everyone was thinking. I had fallen so far behind here. Thank you sooo much for keeping me tp to date! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.