I'm Back Again

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ibdcat, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibdcat

ibdcat New Member

I was on here several years ago for my sweet Martha. She passed away in May 2014. Now Morelli has diabetes! I don't know how I can go through all of that again. I am 76 and my health has gone downhill fast since Martha's death, followed 3 months later by my husband's death. I have forgotten most of what I knew. I have no choice but to give Morelli my best shot. He's been so good to me the last six years and I can't imagine life without him. I will be relying on this group for support as well as knowledge. Morelli is a heavy cat and fights me when I try to administer pills to him. Heaven help me trying to test and inject! Thank you.
    Lynda

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome... Sorry you are dealing with this again but everyone is happy to help and support you.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! We'll help as much as we can. Please post on the main health forum and include info like:
    • what insulin you'll be using and what dose has been prescribed
    • whether you'll test blood glucose at home and what meter you'll use
    • any other health issues/meds your kitty has.

4. Lillie

Lillie Member

I know how you feel about going through it again. I'm new here so I don't have any advice but can send you my thoughts of empathy. My last kitty was 18 years old with intestinal lymphoma at the end and it was two years of meds, care taking, and tears until she passed away. My new kitty now has diabetes, IBD, and is on a blood thinner due to a blood clot last year. (no heart disease though). I can't believe I'm going through another health issue that makes me sad but maybe that's why I'm here. No one seemed to want to deal with his issues when he was adopted out from the shelter so- I guess it was meant to be for him to be with me. Good luck, I wish I could give some advice.

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

In my experience, testing and injecting both of my sugar cats was phenomenally easier than giving them pills. Just be confident (fake it if you have to!) and you might just find out that it is no big deal.

But if it is difficult, just holler and we will all jump in with any suggestions that we have for your specific problem.

Best,
    Sandi&Whisper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.