I'M CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ziggywolf3, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggywolf3

ziggywolf3 New Member

Can someone help me please. I've watched multiple videos of vets and owners injecting cat with insulin. Out of like 15 videos, only like 2 vets pulled back on syringe before pushing plunger. The reason I ask is my cat was amazing the first 2 and 1/2 months at getting injection, now she jerks away just as you push plunger down.I know she doesn't get whole dose, cause you can smell it in that area. So I guess my question is do any of you just inject without pulling back. I know you can possibly hit capillaries and vessals. So please don't tell me about that part. We haven't hit any yet. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I never did, nor was I instructed to.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Nor I, I injected in a tented side area while Idjit was eating. He never reacted.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

5. ziggywolf3

ziggywolf3 New Member

Thank you you feed your cat 4 meals a day. My cat was free fed for 12yrs.our vet is making us feed her 1 can every 12 hours. Of course I give her some EVO food in between meals. About1/8 cup a day. How often does your kitty get insulin?

6. ziggywolf3

ziggywolf3 New Member

7. ziggywolf3

ziggywolf3 New Member

thank you

8. ziggywolf3

ziggywolf3 New Member

9. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Some injections, animal or not, need you to pull back on the plunger (you said syringe) in case you have hit a blood vessel. I'm supposed to do that when I give my wife her B12 shots, which you DID NOT just hear. If the first 2 1/2 months were great just go back to that, what made you switch? I used to poke our first cat near his scruff but I was never comfortable being near his spinal column so years ago I changed to tenting the back shoulder. Some insulins really stink so you'll know when you miss. Some of us fill the syringe and let it warm a bit so kitty doesn't get an ice cold surprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.