I'm getting confused.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by gingerand((calliope))(GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

So, if my diabetic cat has a non diabetic health problem, where do I post?

Since my cat is diabetic, though the condition is unrelated, the fact that she's diabetic might still come into play relative to food, meds etc...

I like the one Health forum, though I'm only one opinion.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hmm, good questions! It almost seems like we should have a Sugarcat and a Civvie subforum, but I don't know that that would necessarily help things either.

3. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I don't think these forums should be separated.

Let's lobby to have them re-combined.

4. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

I don't think they should be separated either. Diabetic cats are generally older cats that can develop additional health problems and we can all learn from the experience of others.

Having to read 2 different forums just creates twice as much work for those of us who don't spend several hours per day online.

5. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Well, I'm thinking, anything to do with your diabetic cat, post on the other board since it might have implications in the FD, but when we have questions outside of that or in general, maybe on this board. (Though this is the beauty of the "View New Posts" link up above on the right - you get to see what new posts have come up on any forum.)

6. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Hey, we are all confused :!:

Ok, I will set up a poll about it.

I also, in the meantime, will change the wording of the forum/subforum description.

If the topic is about FD, or if the topic pertains to a diabetic cat, it goes into the Diabetes subforum.

If it is not related to diabetes health, either by not being about FD or by being about civie health, it goes in the other subforum.

Less confused? I thought not.

Gee, and I thought I was the only crabby one on the board today. cat(2)_steam

_R

7. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

yeah, on the old board i didn't mind health for diabetes and community for non diabetes but to be honest, on this forum, there's so many words crammed into tiny places it's hard on the eyes and then i don't want to have to click 50 times to get to where i can find out why my cat has an open wound the size of a quarter on her butt and if i need to get to an ER or if it can wait. so that makes me say re-combine them too.

but then again, as i think about it now, it could make health just too busy and crowded for things to be noticed. i know lately i'm not reading a whole heck of a lot on there. for several reasons though.

ok, how about this. leave health as diabetic cats and given that with a lot of problems our cats have we do have to always consider the diabetes, anything pertaining to a diabetic cat go on health. then split community into "social stuff" and "non diabetic cat stuff". that might be easier. back in the day it was pretty easy to see non diabetic cat stuff in community and not miss stuff but now with so many people not even bothering to go to community and the chance something could get buried in the social chit chat anyway, it might be easier on people to separate their social and their non diabetic stuff?? also, it would possibly get more eyes on the non diabetic stuff???

8. Steve & Jock

Steve & Jock Member

I like one health forum. There are few enough expert eyeballs roaming about as it is without splitting more of them off. As I see it, one of the big problems with the forum is that everyone thinks their problem is unique and unprecedented, so they don't go looking in searches or on the wiki where the information is probably nicely laid out already.

The more we split the health forums (and I think even the ISGs were a mistake, as was the Tight Regulation forum!), the more this problem gets worse.

9. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Yea, I'm with Cindy...

ANY HEALTH issue to do with a FD kitty goes in HEALTH.

Civvie pet health issues can go in Community.

Having said that, if you are having an emergency or a critical issue with a civvie, I don't see why it can't go in Community AND HEALTH since a lot of members spend more time their or check their first. That's not often so I can't see how the occasional civvie question will bog down that forum if no one can help in Community.

10. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

An observation....

I've been on this type of board a number of times on other forums. I like this type of board and am very grateful for it, but when there are too many categories, things get lost in the shuffle. While it's good to segregate certain areas, too much "micro-segregating" can do damage since our subjects are, many times, stressful subjects.

It also creates more work for mods who spend time moving threads around to one of the many options.

Pros and cons for all things! nailbite_smile

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

too much clicking into different cat-agories!! lol!!
    I vote one Health section!

12. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

please vote in the poll I am about to/have put up.

do not make anymore posts about this subject. Too hard to follow and tally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.