I'm new to Feline Diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by michael & madeline, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael & madeline

michael & madeline New Member

Like the title says I'm, well Madeline and I are new to Feline Diabetes. Madeline came here last year after her only owner had to go into assisted living because of a life threatening disease. She's been a good girl since she is 15. But she started showing signs of renal failure so off to the vet she went. Only to discover it's diabetes. Now what? That's what I'm thinking. So we are here to learn as much as we can.

Yes that is us in the profile picture. I have no problem lying on the floor of a vet office if it makes her more comfortable.

She is on her 3rd Vet curve test and she is still not managed so were still trying to figure this out as well at 3 months. I just hope we can get to the correct dosage soon for her.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! We can certainly help you figure this puzzle out! First can you set up a signature like the one below my post? To do that click on your name at the top right and choose signature. Add info such as your pets name, age, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, dose, the food you are feeding, and anything else you want to share.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! We can certainly help you to help Madeline. Post all your questions over on the main health forum where more people will see them and we can get started. :)

michael & madeline likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Madeline and Michael!
    Will look for your post on Main Health Forum :) She's very pretty! and so sweet of you to lay on the floor to comfort her at the Vet :bighug:

5. CatMamaG

CatMamaG Member

Welcome! Great picture! How awesome to do that to make her more comfortable!

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'll just throw this out: I really love to see guys who dote on their kitty!! There are several on FDMB but the stereotype is that dogs are a man's pet ... not true!! :D

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.