important!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Mister's Owner, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

My grandpa is getting a 21 gun salute on weds at 230p
    my cat is at 256p shot time...
    is it safe to do 30 min. Early for insulin tonight, tomorrow morning and night? That is the only way i can go unless we skip dosing :(
    He is staying at 280 to 320 preshot.
    lowest i have seen is 189bg but i have compared meter with the vets and ours i have to add 32.

Thank you,
    Tina

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

So are you thinking you'd shoot early for 3 cycles and eventually be shooting 1.5 hours earlier than you are today? If that's the case, then shooting 30 min early should be fine. Just be sure the number is rising, not falling

3. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Hi Tina. Shooting 30 minutes early should not be a problem with Prozinc. You can plan it and start by a 15 minute early start the day before or just shoot 30 minutes early. That is one of the nice things about Prozinc. I was checking your SS but didn't see any recent numbers but it sounds like Mister is improving. If you shoot early, you might get a lower number but along as it is over 200, you should be ok.

4. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Ok,
    Thank you both.
    how do I know if number is falling?

5. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

You would know by taking a previous test. So you may want to test him an hour or two before you pre-shot test.

6. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

7. Sue and Oliver (GA)

If you'd like some dose advice, fill in some recent numbers on your spreadsheet. We may have some ideas.

What is the 21 gun salute for? It sounds important.

8. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Sorry about the spread sheet

9. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Ok , I typed this reply this morning in a hurry and it deleted.
    I"m sorry about the spreadsheet my grandson was born in april and my 18 yr old daughter is still in the 12th grade and living with me and Im helping her.
    My Grandma passed away 4 months ago and my Grandpa just passed . I think my Dad said my Grandpa has 23 purple hearts from wwII and they are honoring him with a 21 gun salute tomorrow and than putting his, my grandmas and there sons ashes together in a tomb in Rittman western reserve cemetary.
    Also I messed up and over slept from 3a to 5a so now mister's insulin time is fine.
    I hate when that happens, I had 6 alarms set.
    Thank you for your help

10. Sue and Oliver (GA)

It's good the insulin times worked put. It's so special that their ashes will be put together and he will be honored with a 21 gun salute.

When you have time, put in the last week or so of your data. That will help us.

11. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Wow that is amazing about your grandpa. I really appreciate him fighting for our freedom and protecting our country.

The next time you are out and about, I would purchase some ketone strips. I think the name is ketostix. The strips are in a tube and you can find it at any pharmacy in the diabetic section. It only costs about $10 for 100 strips. If Mister has the high numbers at preshot time, like he did back in April, it would be very beneficial to check for ketones in his urine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.