Inconsistent work schedule

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Krystalgail, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystalgail

Krystalgail New Member

I’m a single person, No roommates. I work retail, 40 minutes away from home and my schedule varies daily. Additionally, I work a second job and typically leave one job to go straight to the other one (I work two 14 hour days a week). My finances are tight, and I don’t have much room to hire a sitter for those days and do not have family close by to assist. It is nearly impossible for me to have my cat on a schedule. My cat is so attached to me, and I to her. Do I have any options here? I fear I may have to re-home her because of my inconsistency:(
    I live in the US, Massachusetts. Currently feeding her Merrick canned rabbit bistro 5.5oz twice a day.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Some insulin’s like ProZinc or vetsulin have a little more wiggle room with the schedule because they are in and out insulins.

3. Krystalgail

Krystalgail New Member

I’ll look into those with my vet. I already invested in Glargine, so I’m going to continue with that until I’m out.

Ana & Frosty (GA) and JanetNJ like this.
  4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Five years or so ago I worked long hours on the weekends. That resulted an 16/8 hour schedule on the weekends. Some of my cats were on Lantus/Glargine and they did fine.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It’s fine... don’t stress... she’ll be fine

Krystalgail likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.