Increase dose of PZI to 5u?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by David McGuinness, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David McGuinness

David McGuinness Member

Vet wants to go to 5u and do another curve! I've done 2 curves in the past week and am doing a mid cycle test when I can. His pre shot numbers are still very high but I seem to be seeing inconsistent numbers mid cycle and his 2 curves were conflicting. Vet wants to hold off on food during a curve cycle unless I see a hypo number during the curve? Advice?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Do not increase the dose. You are getting sufficient response from the insulin right now that increasing will cause bouncing. If you haven't already please post over in the Prozinc forum when you need dosing advice. One of the values of FDMB is that it's a peer reviewed forum. Since only a couple of prozinc users wander out to this main forum, if I give dosing advice here it isn't likely to be as peer-reviewed as it would be in the ISG. It's much safer if more eyes are on your concerns.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would decrease the dose, vice increase. When you increased to 4 you generally obtained higher BG than you were on 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.