Info on bouncing

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Blues Brothers, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues Brothers

Blues Brothers Member

Hi all,

My kitty's insulin was increased from 1.5 to 2 units on Friday, and now it seems we're bouncing. I know this was mentioned on the prozinc protocol, but I don't see how to handle it. Does his dose needs to be decreased or should it be ridden out? For example, today he was at 282 for his amps, 87@nadir, and now 357 at +10. As a note, he's been on 2 units for 4 cycles now.

2. Blues Brothers

Blues Brothers Member

His pmps is 382

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It's hard to advise with so little data to go on. That was a very big drop but his nadir value was a good number. Bouncing is a distinct possibility and there's not much you can do about it. Many cats are bouncy by nature, some stop eventually, some never. It can make dose assessment difficult. ProZinc is dosed by looking at both the pre shot BGs as well as the nadir value. If a cat is bouncy it's better to give more weight to the nadir value because the PSs are often bounce-inflated.

Have you considered setting up a spreadsheet like we use here to log your BG data? It makes it a lot easier for us to give advice.

4. Blues Brothers

Blues Brothers Member

Thank you. I will update his spreadsheet tonight and post it.

5. Blues Brothers

Blues Brothers Member

Here it is. I also have preshots for every day, but I don't think that's very helpful without any additional tests.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.