Information on 88 Human Glucometers/Strips/Blood Sample Size - File Attached

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PPCW, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPCW

PPCW Member

Hi All,

I found this document from diabetesforecast.org's consumer guide published 03/04-2017. It has blood sample size, cost of the meters, cost of the strips, and features of the meters. It also has a picture of how large a blood sample size is.

I hope this document is helpful for those who have questions about glucometers :cat::):bookworm:.

ETA: adding document!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know where they're getting their prices, but the Arkray Glucocard01 is the exact same meter as the Relion Confirm at WalMart

Strips can be bought from either WalMart ($35.88/100) or from ADW ($36/100)....nowhere near .55 cents each (although I guess that's what Arkray is telling them the MSRP is)

3. PPCW

PPCW Member

It lists Relion separately at the end, MSRP $19.98/50 at Walmart.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah, I saw that...they're a little cheaper if you buy them by the hundred.....36 cents per strip versus .40 cents

It's just strange that the Arkray Glucocard01 is the exact same meter as the Relion Confirm and they say the Arkray's are .55 cents per 100

Arkray makes both the Glucocard and the Confirm (if you look at the pictures, you'll see their the same meter)....WalMart just puts their "Relion" name on it and has them in pink and blue

5. PPCW

PPCW Member

Yes. It is definitely cheaper to buy by the hundred.

The document is for reference only since I see many new members are looking for and asking about meters. It should give them a general idea how much (roughly) it will cost to test and what fits into their budgets. Plus the picture about the blood sample size is nice to see e.g. 0.3 vs 0.5 microliter.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah, I've got a copy of that picture in my files

I post it every once in awhile....it's neat to see how small of a sample you really need

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.