Input on glucose curve test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Charlie8610, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie8610

Charlie8610 Member

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my experience with my cats glucose curve test. Regardless of what people on here said, I took my cat in yesterday to have this done. I wish I listened to everyone on here! Charlie was at the vet for 11 hours and under tons of stress. After the test was done, we talked about his readings, which were high. The vet said “ but the glucose raises when cats are stressed so this may not be accurate” I knew this but thought I would go ahead and have the vet do it so charlie could be monitored for S/S as well. Now he’s telling me to do it at home on Monday. I basically wasted $300 and put my cat under much unneeded stress. Just wanted to share my experience Incase anyone was thinking of doing this test at a vet. Don’t waste your money. Get a glucometer and do it at home where your cat is stress free! Should have listened to some of you ;)

2. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Don't feel bad, its hard to get used to NOT listening to the vet who has probably helped you so many times before. I did the same . . . . at first. Good luck!

Charlie8610 likes this.
  3. Schmill

Schmill Member

Our Dusty is (was?) scheduled in to have her curve plotted on Tuesday, but since purchasing our AlphaTrak2 and "having a go today" we are going to give it another go and then I think try to just take our results to the vet for checking.

beggargirl and Charlie8610 like this.
  4. Charlie8610

Charlie8610 Member

I recommend it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.