Instant Input! PS = 119 and have to leave in 15 mins!!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Current dose = 1.8
    If she's up a bit in 12 minutes, I think I'll shoot 1.6.

If she's not . . . is it better to hold the shot and shoot when I can be home (so, about 2 hours post shot)? I can keep that 12 hours for her AMPS tomorrow, and slowly work her back to her regular shot over the next several days.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Give me just a sec to check things out!

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yes if she is going up, I'd shoot something. It does seem like EVERY time she's low, it doesn't hold. So yes, I'd probably go 1.6...very slight reduction...if she's rising. You'll be home around +2 right? That should be good because you can get a test in then to see where she's going and what kind of cycle it's going to be.

If she's not rising or is dropping, it may be better to wait until you get home and see what's going on.

4. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Perfect! Putting on my shoes while warming the rice sock . . .

Yes, will be home at +2. (I thought the concert was at 8:00, not 7:00!!)

Isn't this so much fun! :D

EDIT: P.S. Thank you!!

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ha! It is a good time. Yes, sometimes things happen that disrupt our shooting schedule...and they ALWAYS go low when that happens. My guess is she'd be fine if you shot, but at such a low number, it makes me nervous if we don't know she's rising...at least a little.

You're welcome! That's why we're here!

6. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Nope -- going down: 101 after 20 minutes! No shot right now. Will see what 2 hours brings.

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! Yeah, definitely NOT a shootable number. So glad you were able to get that second number to see where she was going!

8. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Seriously!!

And now we're back, and she's at 104?!? o_O This is, essentially, +13.5 from this morning's shot. I can't believe she hasn't come up by this time.

We're not shooting on this, obviously, and so fed the poor starving creature some dinner.

Any thoughts?

9. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

244 at what is +16 from AM shot. That is somewhat food-influenced, probably, though still disappointing. Not surprising, but disappointing. I'll expect a pink for tomorrow's AMPS and plan to shoot the regular 1.8 dose.

10. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Well I am flummoxed. I really thought she'd come up sooner! I'm interested to see where ends up this morning...

11. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Interestingly, AMPS is the same today as it was yesterday, despite not having any insulin for 24 hours.

Is that significant, or is it just another data point that cats are weird?

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes! ;) Keep on keeping on. You're doing well handling this! Keep the careful increases until you see those greens again. They happened around 2 u last time but she might need a smidge more this time. There's nothing about this that's clear cut ... o_O

Jenna Josie likes this.
  13. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

You mentioned poor starving creature. Did you not feed her before you left for the concert? That might explain the persistently low PMPS numbers.

If this happens again, it's okay to give her dinner and then leave. :)

14. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

No, I didn’t feed her her actual dinner bc I didn’t know what was happening with her and I didn’t want the next test to be too food-influenced. I wouldn’t have known how to interpret it given the crazy-long cycle she was in the middle of. She did have several minnows with her tests, and I also gave her probably seven or eight cubes (dice-sized) of freeze dried chicken before leaving, so while her tummy wasn’t utterly empty, it wasn’t real food.

15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So I think that's my fault. I should have said you can go ahead and feed her...I was so surprised at the low number it didn't occur to me to say you should feed her. Since you were coming back around +2 the food spike would probably be wearing off so you could have shot on more of a "true" number.

16. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

No, not your fault *at all*! I was and am grateful for the input! I’m so used to not feeding before we test/shoot, and since I knew we weren’t going to shoot, I never even asked, just ... didn’t do any math. :rolleyes: I should have been able to figure out that a two hour food spike minus a two hour stall equals, you know, zero or something ... :rolleyes: (defitely warrants a second self-directed eye roll!).

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  17. Djamila

That pretty much sums up my day too.

18. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ha! It sums up my day as well!!!!

19. Djamila

Nice job with the baby reduction this morning. Next step....shooting through the blues:cool:. It'll be nice to see Josie kiss those yellows good-bye.

20. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Thanks! (I am going to go into work a bit late so I can get a +2.)

I really do appreciate you checking in on us. :)

Rachel and Djamila like this.