Instinct Limited Ingredient dry kibble for diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Megan90, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan90

Megan90 New Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the carb content is for this food? I have one diabetic cat who is eating wet food just fine, but his siblings are starting to protest a bit with the wet food, and I'm concerned that they're not eating enough. They both seem to really miss kibble! They haven't eaten much of anything from the wet food except the juice off of the top since Thursday. I've tried nuking it in the microwave, making it more into a gravy, and nothing seems to do the trick.

I'm wondering if this is safe for me to use on my other two cats and if my diabetic cat happens to snag a few kibble, will he be okay? We haven't started insulin yet (we will most likely start on Tuesday).

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no it's not low carb

There are only 2 dry foods that are lower carb....Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein (available on Chewy.com) and Young Again Zero (only available on their website)

Megan90 likes this.
  3. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Both companies will send you free samples. Go on their websites and look under contact information for email addresses. I got samples in the mail within a week.

4. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

When you see "tapioca" in the ingredients, it pretty much guarantees it isn't low carb. Tapioca is pretty much pure starch, and the easily digestible kind. In human terms, when you see tapioca listed, replace it with "candy" and you're not far off.

Coco’s Momma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.