Insulin back on the cards

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Becki and sox, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

So got woke up by Sox this morning crying his head off for food like he was starving. (He's not been like this for the last month or so)
    Tested him and he was 7.1 wether he stressed him self out crying this morning and maybe that put him up.
    So the last few days we have moved away from green numbers and were waking up to blues.
    Nothings changed foods still the same and his general health seems good, it had been mentioned on here to get his teeth checked but haven't got the money this month to get that done.

But we look like we're on the rise if these blues continue in the 7.0s and over in the mornings should I start giving a little insulin again.
    Also how long if I do keep getting higher blues should I wait (few days or see over a week) before I start giving shots again?
    And also should my insulin from November still be ok to use? (Still have over half a vial left)

Thanks guys

Update +2.5 after food we had dropped to 5.7 think he's just doing it to stress me out lol :woot:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    JanetNJ likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

7 is still a totally normal range number.

Becki and sox likes this.
  3. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Oh ok thank you. I thought I was anything up to 6.7 (120)

He just made me panic abit lol

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I do wonder if something is brewing, but I agree with Janet - still too low to start thinking about insulin. Deep breaths, and try not to worry too much :bighug:

Becki and sox likes this.
  5. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

@Djamila yeah I do agree but at least he did bring him self back down in the day which is good.
    Just don't know what I'm really looking for if I do need to start up again.

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I would say you're looking for three to four cycles in a row where he doesn't come down below 120 at all during the cycle. Everyone has days when they don't feel well, and that could bring a little bump in BG with it. If it lingers though that's when you'll need to start considering intervening.

7. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Ahh okies. So as long as I'm getting greens somewhere in the cycle were not looking too bad?

I did also wonder that aswell if he was just having a few offish days... Like you say we all have a day or 2 when we just don't feel right.

Djamila likes this.