Insulin syringes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Idjit's mom, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Our vet provided (sold) a box of VetOne 3/10 cc low dose U100, 29G x 1/2" for 30 units of less . We wanted to have 1/2 unit syringes on hand, so DH went to Walgreens and purchased 0.5 ml, 29G x 1/2 " , for 50 units or less. Question, is one unit on the 30 unit syringes equal to one unit on the 50 unit syringe?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, but I've never seen 50U syringes with half unit markings

3. Idjit's mom

They are not half units, it's what we wanted, not what we got. I will put these aside, in case we need to go back to a full unit. Thanks.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You can get 3/10, 30 or 31 gauge syringes with half unit markings from WalMart for $12.58, Their Relion syringes have half unit markings.

American Diabetes Wholesale also has several brands with half unit markings

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

The 'Well at Walgreens' brand insulin syringes also come in 3/10 cc/mL; 29 gauge; 1/2"; with half unit markings. The box does not actually say 'with half unit markings', but they have them.

6. Idjit's mom

Thanks, I did contact the nearest WalMart, and we did get a box of Relion half units. We are still on a bit of a learning curve

Bellasmom likes this.
  7. Idjit's mom

Good to know, Walgreens is just a few blocks away. I guess I need to go myself and eyeball the diabetic supplies.

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Also Walmart carries half units, it’s like 13.00 a box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.