Interesting trends

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by RRaptor, Nov 27, 2018.

1. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

So, Olivia has had some really interesting numbers lately. I ended up reducing significantly due to a no shot night and numbers have improved quite a bit. Right now they are mostly flat and I'm not sure if I should increase. I did this morning and will stick with the same shot tonight, but thought I'd check in for some more experienced insight.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, she's certainly lower overall but quite flat. You'd want to see some low blues or high dark greens in the middle part of the cycle to judge a dose as being a good one. Maybe try some 0.25 u increases and hold each new dose 4 to 6 cycles to see what happens?

RRaptor likes this.
  3. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Yes, I dropped to 1 when I saw better numbers with a no shot than I had overall the last dozen cycles or so. It's definitely not perfect though. I'll try the increases and see how it goes.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It's nice to see you again! I hope you and Olivia have been well! I agree with Kris that it's time to start back on the increases and hope to find some better numbers along the way.

Remember if you get those blue pre-shot numbers, you can try stalling for 20-30 minutes and retest and see if it's risen enough to give the shot. Prozinc has a bit of flexibility with the timing. You can also post and see if anyone is around to help. There are ways to give a smaller dose on some of those mid-blues so you don't have to skip, but it can be helpful to have someone take a look and help you make a guess at a dose to try in those situations.

Kris & Teasel and RRaptor like this.
  5. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

We bought a house and have been busy with moving, cleaning, renovating, and holidays! Luckily, Olivia has been relatively happy and healthy through it all. She's been enjoying running up and down stairs and jumping into the floor/ basement ceiling with the opportunities bathroom remodeling has brought her. I think her activity level has increased. Mine has and that's why I didn't shoot a few days ago, I was just too tired to potentially stay up all night. I think it ended up being an important data point, though.

I appreciate you all here to help. I'll try to check in more. We're almost one year into this journey.

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new house! That's a lot of work, but I hope you're loving it! I can just imagine the fun of exploring new holes in the floor!

Sam has a February insulinversary too. If you lived closer we could have a party! :confused::)