Introducing Alfie

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Suzy65, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzy65

Suzy65 New Member

A new diabetic, 14 years old and also diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 2 years ago. He's cost me over £500 so far and isn't stable yet- ironically we cancelled the insurance shortly before he developed thyroid problems because the premiums were getting so high yet never seemed to pay anything out despite numerous vet visits due to 'war wounds'!. I joined the vets own scheme instead which gave us free consultations, boosters and discounted drugs.

He's very unsettled still AND SO SO HUNGRY!!!!!

So I'll be asking lots of questions! Thanks in advance for any advice! DSC_0962.JPG

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome! Waving to you from Surrey. :bighug:

Newly diagnosed diabetics can be ravenous at first, because they can't utilise the food they are eating. Once the blood glucose gets under better control the appetite should become more normal.

Do post on the main forum about any specific questions that you have.
    Meanwhile, there's some info for new UK folks in the second link in my signature (link is at the bottom of this message). It is quite a long post, so please don't feel overwhelmed by it. Make a cuppa, and take your time. :coffee:

Eliz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.