Introducing Mohabajabi aka Mayor Meaty Mighty Mo.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Momos_Mama, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momos_Mama

Momos_Mama New Member

Hello everybody, I am Momos_mama! Momo is 4 years old, very affectionate and very talkative. Last week I took him to the vet because he lost a bunch of weight (went from 16 lbs to 11 lbs) , his coat looks awful and he eats and pees like a Rottweiler. I put off taking him for months because he is a fraidy cat and I didnt want to stress him. Ugh! His blood glucose was in the 600s. We left the vets office in shock. No plan for what to do. No scripts. I googled "reddit feline diabetes" because reddit comments are the source of all knowledge and was directed here. That night we ordered a few cases of fancy feast classic and dollar tree had 13 oz cans of friskies pate so we picked up a case there too. Momo and his brother Bidwell love the wet stuff so we ditched the dry the next day. I bought a cheap glucose monitor and have had 2 successful blood draws out of 10. Never a fasting. I need practice for sure. His readings were in the low 300s. He has a lot more energy since we switched to wet food. He normally takes a whoopin from his brother but now he is dishing it right back and running laps around the apartment. I scheduled another appointment with his Dr for the day after tomorrow in hopes he can show me how to be more successful at drawing blood. Here he is at 16 lbs. 10408876_10204862485542472_6365174496419992632_n.jpg

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

Congratulations on taking control of the diet and home glucose testing. Another thing that will be helpful to test is urine ketones. See my signature link Secondary Monitoring Tools for tips on that, as well as other assessments you may find helpful.

More questions? Pop over to Feline Health and post away.

Momos_Mama likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.