Introducing Quillan amps-579,+3-500,+6-86?, +10-509, pmps-371

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

After Autumn earned her wings I found that I truly missed The Dance, and what better way to honor the 4 beautiful years Autumn and I spent loving each other than to adopt another extra sweet kitty from a kill shelter.

So for the last few weeks Quillan's (formely known as Georgi) adoption and transport arrangements have been underway. Saturday was the go date and early this last Saturday morning he began his journey to his forever home. On Saturday he made his way from Georgiana ON Canada to Detroit MI, spent the night with his hostess and traveling companion and then yesterday morning boarded a plane to Lincoln NE and was then driven to our arms yesterday afternoon.

He's extremely thin at the moment, his paperwork that came with him puts him at 8lbs but judging by his overall size and the size of his paws he clearly needs that weight doubled. But other than his screamingly high BGs at present he is otherwise not in too bad of shape for an unregulated diabetic. Walking on his toes, with all 5Ps firmly in place.

While he was in foster care we started him at .5u of Levemir, as his foster mom was only able to get preshots, now that he is home with me and I can check him several times a day, I have upped him to 1u bid and will adjust off that according to what type of numbers he is giving me. He's very easy to test and his ears bleed very well.

Mel and The Fur Gang

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Quillan!! Mel, this is such great news--another extra-sweet kitty has found a furever home. And boy, did he ever luck out to be landing with you!!

Looking forward to hearing about his progress,

Ella & Rusty

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  3. MommaOfMuse

Thanks Ella,

His avatar pic doesn't do him justice. He is actually way more red than orange. And so laid back, go with the flow type of fellow. I had planned to let him decompress in our bathroom for a few days before introducing him to the Fur Gang, he made plans otherwise, within 10 minutes into his new home, he bolted from his room to go explore, so far he has come face to face with everyone here...not a hiss or a growl out of anyone, and last night he spent his first night home curled up with us in bed.

His tail is a show stopper, it is this big Ostrich plume that he carries over his back, which is how he earned his new name Quillan is Irish for Feather. Once he is healthy again he's going to be a head turner for sure. And just as charming and he is handsome.

Mel and The Fur Gang

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

You are truly and amazing person and that was quite a journey for Quillan! Look forward to seeing his progress now that he's home with you.

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hello Quillan!

Welcome you sound like a really nice boy. How old are you? Mel, I know you will do him proud. Congrats on your new addition.

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Welcome Quillian! From the sounds of it Mel, you both hit the jackpot. :) I love that he is out and about so soon. We will need more pictures of course. ;)

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  7. MommaOfMuse

The shelter says I iz 10 but my new meowmy thinks I might be as young as 7 or 8.

s/Quillan

8. ctmorris

ctmorris Member

Awww Welcome Quillan!! What an amazing mom you have!!

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  9. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Mel what a wonderful thing to adopt Quillan! You are an angel. I look forward to getting to know him :cat:

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How wonderful for you both. It sounds like it was meant to be.

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  11. Netty N.

Netty N. Member

Welcome Mel and Quillan! I love the name - lovely and clever! I think I know what you mean about missing the dance. Jones and I haven't been at this long, and I'm sure it can be a lot harder to handle at times, but we're doing it and we're making progress and it's not so bad. So I keep thinking about the sugar cats out there who need someone willing to dance with them. I think I'd definitely be willing to take on another one someday.

12. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

what a wonderful thing to do Mel, Quillan is one very lucky boy (and very handsome!). Sounds as if he has settled in well already.

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  13. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Welcome, Quillan! You definitely fell into a huge tub of butter. :):):)
    Liz

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  14. MommaOfMuse

Thanks folks,

But I think I'm the blessed one to adopt such a wonderful cat! Autumn did good when she sent him my way.

I dropped him back to .5u tonight just in case that 86 at +6 was a true reading although it really doesn't fit the rest of the days pattern. But he's still so new to me, I would rather start him slightly under ideal and work our way up than try to chase numbers down . He's just such a love, even knowing right now he has to be stressed out of his mind and wondering if he's going to be shipped off again. Once he completely settles in and relaxes he's going to be just a big fluffy pile of orinch love.

Today he spent most of the day in the bedroom and the bathroom so I shooed everyone out and let him have some decompression time alone in there. But by dinner time he was yelling to get out again and go exploring. He definitely doesn't lack for an appetite nor is he picky about what he is served..Just FEED ME! He's eating 1/2 a can of Friskies Pate 4 times a day and loving it.

Mel and The Fur Gang

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  15. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

Sounds like Quillan is in good hands! He's going to settle in just fine with your crew.
    BTW, I've got myself a prescription for Lev pens !!! :joyful: Thank you again - I'll be paying it forward!

MommaOfMuse likes this.
  16. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Welcome Quillan! What a handsome name for a handsome orinch boy! Can't wait to see more pictures! Bless you Mel, for all you do.

MommaOfMuse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.