Introducing Robert

Discussion in 'Announcements & How to use the FDMB' started by Robert and Echo, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

It's no surprise to most of you that I have been really slowing down lately. This has been a real disservice to FDMB and all of you.

I've always intended to eventually transfer Feline Diabetes USA LLC and all it encompasses, to my nephew, Robert Jung. The time has come.

Robert has been involved extensively with FDMB in the past. He has been President of his own company, Limestone Media, in Austin, TX for a number of years. Unlike me, he REALLY knows computers, has his own server, etc. He is an incredibly intelligent, caring, and hard-working man. Everyone loves him, especially me. (OK, his wife and his mother MAY love him more than me.)

He has already started working behind the scenes to start improving FelineDiabetes.com and you'll be seeing more obvious changes soon.

Please welcome Robert!

_Rebecca

2. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Rebecca, this board is an amazing place and has helped so many of us help our cats feel better by managing their diabetes. I think you deserve a big thank you from us all for everything you have done to make this board what it is.

Welcome, Robert! We are happy to have you here!

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert. Rebecca previously mentioned that you were working with with Rebecca on the FDMB

4. Robert - Admin

Robert - Admin Administrator

Thanks everyone.

Glad to be back. I was quite active on here back around the 2002-2005 timeframe.. It's been a while so the exact dates are fuzzy!

I'll be working on getting the known problems fixed first, so you won't see too much of me for a while.

But, please feel free to email me about anything: webmaster@felinediabetes.com or robert@limestonemedia.com. I can't promise I'll get to a specific "wish list" asap, but I'll put it on the list.

I look forward to hear from anyone that wants to share ideas.

AND, thanks again to our great group of moderators that help keep this place humming.

Robert

5. terriy

terriy Member

Welcome Robert!!
    Rebecca I am going to miss you. I have to thank you for helping me so much when I first joined! You were a God send! Best wishes and much success!
    Terriy

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert!!

Rebecca - thank you for all you have done for us. I wish you much success and happiness in all your future endeavors.

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert!

Rebecca, take care of yourself and keep in touch!

Wendy

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say Welcome to Robert and thank you to Rebecca. I don't know what I would have done without this board. Thanks for all your hard work in keeping it running.

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Rebecca, thank you for FDMB, and all you've done for us. This place is indeed a Godsend. Aside from learning how to care for our diabetic cats, it's been a place to make friends with other people with the same problems, and answers.
    Thank you again. :smile:

Welcome Robert. :D

10. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

11. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert :D

Thank you Rebecca. I don't know what I would have ever done without FDMB. :D

My sugarcat (Rumpelteazer) and civies send paw hugs your way. :YMHUG:

12. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Rebecca: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have saved Gobbles' life. You have helped him OTJ. I'll miss you cat_pet_icon

Robert: Welcome!!! It is so nice that Rebecca is having a family member take over. I know you'll do a fab job! Congratulations :D

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Welcome, Robert.

I guess I'll ask my question, but will email it to you as well.

I would like to know about the catacromegaly.com site; will you be handling that site as well, will Rebecca still handle that one, or will it be discontinued.

thx
    Gayle

14. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Rebecca, a big thank you for all you have done for FD! Best wishes in the future! I'll miss you! :YMHUG:

Welcome Robert!

15. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you Robert, =^:^= Linda and Lucky

Good Luck on your venture Rebecca

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Rebecca: There are no words to tell you how grateful Mike and I are for FDMB and all you have done. This site has saved so many beloved kitty lives, and under Robert's guidance, I know it will continue to save more and more in the future. Thank you for hanging in there with it even through challenging times. Thank you for giving all of us with sugarbabies a "home". Best wishes for all you wish to do in the future.

Robert: welcome back to the FDMB family!!!! We are all excited to see your ideas once you are settled in!

17. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you Robert :D Thank you Rebecca - Although I am fairly new here, this board has been a life saver for me and Cleo. I wish you the best is whatever your future may hold!

18. Robert - Admin

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. BUT ... I'm not letting Rebecca get away this easy!

She'll still be around, just in a smaller capacity. Mostly, she'll be in charge of breaking things and I'll be in charge of fixing things... nailbite_smile

Have a good weekend everyone!

19. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

I was just going to say I hope Rebecca sticks around! We will miss you if you leave Rebecca. But do take care of yourself and your health. That is very important.

I remember a Robert back when I started in 04, nice to know that its the same Robert :) and there will be some continuity.

Welcome back Robert!

20. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

Welcome Robert!

And thank you Rebecca for all the work into this website! It's helping my Cain so much. :D

21. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

rebecca, because of you i had over 3 more years with my baby cleo. for that i will never forget you and will always love you. welcome in your new capacity, robert. you have big big shoes to fill! <3

22. Rebecca - thank you so much for all you have done for us. This is an amazing place to be. Please take care of yourself and don't be a stranger!!!! ((Hugs)).

23. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Thank you for all your hard work, Rebecca. Finding this site helped my Maggie live with her diabetes for many years. And I still love this place - visiting daily even though Maggie's been gone for over 5 years. I hope you keep in touch with posts in community about you and your animals!

Robert, you have some mighty big shoes to fill, but I'm sure you will be a great webmaster. Welcome!!

24. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

WELCOME, Robert and THANK YOU, Rebecca!
    Rebecca, I'm glad that you are not leaving, just taking more time to breathe. This site has saved so many kitty lives, and helped so many beans keep their sanity. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Ella & Rusty, and Stu(GA)

25. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

May God bless you Rebecca and WELCOME BACK Robert!
    j.

26. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you Robert! dancing_cat Best wishes on being our BIC a.k.a. webmaster! :lol: :lol:
    :lol: :lol:

Rebecca, you've created the most wonderful place here. It is a warm, compassionate community..sort of a safe house for us all. I'm glad you are able to take a step back with the comfort of having Robert to step back in. Have great fun with your extra free time and ...try not to break too much. Many many hugs and countless thanks to you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    xoxo mary and ollie

27. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome back Robert (although I never knew you) and thank you Rebecca, more than words can say. You gave me a place to come for my Alex when I thought there was no hope for him. You built a home for the family that helped me give him an extra four years that I know he would not have had otherwise. I came 'here' in Sept of 2009 when my Alex was 12 and I just lost my baby on June 2nd at 16 years old. It would have been much sooner without FDMB. Through tears of gratitude I say again THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU !

Good Luck in whatever you choose to pursue although I know you can't possibly stay totally away from here :lol:

Much Love,
    Caryl

28. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert and thank you so much Rebecca for all you have done for diabetic cats. I know that without FDMB we would not be experiencing the love and joy that we get from PurrFace daily. He was truly on borrowed time when I found FDMB. I can't thank you enough. I wish the very best life has to offer and much success in your future endeavors.

29. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Thank You sooo much Rebecca and Welcome Robert!!
    We haven't been here long as Hoot went OTJ in 1 month thanks to FDMB. :mrgreen: I can't imagine where we would be without this absolutely wonderful site and all it's caring and compassionate people. :D I can't thank you enough Rebecca for making this a reality for all of us lost Beans to find hope thru :YMHUG: Take care and good luck with whatever the future will bring you ♥♥♥

30. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Rebecca, Shasta and I would like to say THANK YOU. Thank you for taking the time to create this site that has saved thousands and thousands of feline and human lives. I feel quite certain in saying that if it were not for you, this site and the wonderful people on it, my little Shasta would probably not be alive and snuggling next to me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Bless you!

Robert, thank you for continuing this site. It is obvious that the site is being left in very capable hands. Thank you!

31. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert!

Rebecca, thank you for all you have done here .. Because of this site we've been able to get mocha off of insulin and also make some very wonderful friends and memories along the way!

32. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Welcome back Robert !
    I need to ask you a very important question ( or 2 ), that I do not remember the answer to from yonder year.
    Do you have a cat ? Have you ever had a sugar cat ? Would you like one ? I'm sure members of the board could arrange that for you. ;-) Hey, I just thought I would throw that out there in a friendly welcoming sort of
    way ! :mrgreen: :D
    I think it is wonderful that you are taking up the torch that Rebecca has passed on to you ! Cheers.

=^..^=

Dear Rebecca,
    I'm glad to hear you will still be around.I imagine it is a big stress relief to have a nephew like Robert to take over for you, knowing that this wonderful board you created will be in very capable hands. I hope that gives you more time to focus on YOU and your health, while freeing you up for new adventures and joy.
    Thank you for creating this "home" for all sugar cats. ( and welcoming civies too ). I will be forever grateful for the information and help I received in caring for Winnie and civie Wolfie, and for the friends you introduced me to through this site. Take care and God Bless.

33. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That cracked me up!

Thank you Rebecca for being the heart and soul who created this website and saved so many kitties.
    Welcome to Robert to continue on this quest.

I'll raise a toast to you both and send a contribution in your honor. :mrgreen:

34. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

THANK YOU REBECCA! FOR ALL OF THIS!!!! If it hadn't been for this forum and the wonderful, amazing group of people here, I most likely would not have my first extra sweet diabetic kitty - KT and I SURELY wouldn't have adopted our wonderful second sugar boy, Dakota!

Welcome Robert!!!

35. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert and thank you (and Rebecca) for all the wonderful things that you do here. It is a Godsend and I don't know what I would have done without it. The lives that you save (both kitties and humans) is an amazing and wonderful thing. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Joyce and Simon :thumbup

36. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Welcome, Robert!! Thanks so much Rebecca for this wonderful site!

37. Robert - Admin

Thanks Cheryl. Nope, I have a drooler-only household at this point. I'm actually pretty allergic, though my wife, Megan, and I both grew up with lots of cats. Our pup is Echo, a Texas Lacy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Lacy (Echo is a light red, not a blue)

And as far as taking care of sugarcats -- yep! I used to spend a lot of time visiting Rebecca over summers, and therefore helping with both Austin's and Ripley's treatment daily. Lots of stories about those two... (well, about all of them really, but especially Ripley... she was a force to be reckoned with especially regarding treatment.)

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone!

38. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Welcome, Robert! It will be exciting having a Rebecca-certified Geek taking over the admin duties. :D Can't wait to see what changes you'll bring!

Rebecca, I can't thank you enough for not only building such a helpful knowledgebase for feline diabetes management, but also for nurturing such a caring and dedicated community here. I've still got a lifetime left with my little guy entirely thanks to you and the friendly folks here who helped me get him onto a safe dose and continue teaching me every day how to gracefully waltz with my sugar baby instead of me struggling on my own against a "disease." (I prefer to think of sugar/carbs as simply being Michelangelo's kryptonite instead. :lol: ) Thank you for saving Michelangelo's life and giving me a place to find comfort.

39. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

Welcome Robert! :RAHCAT

40. IloveLarry

IloveLarry Well-Known Member

welcome Robert, and thanks for all u do, Rebecca. :)

41. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Janet and Izzy (GA) Member

Thank you for keeping this place up and running. The numbers of lives you have saved and continue to save is truly amazing. Izzy thanks you from behind the veil for adding time to her stay here on earth :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.