Introducing Rover

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Red & Rover (GA), May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm Red and my cat is Rover. I've known him since he was a kitten and he came to live with us when he was 10. He's almost 16 now and has been a diabetic for 3 1/2 years (Lantus 4IU every 12 hours). Clear sailing, relatively speaking, until recently. Now, his numbers are all over the place. I'm hoping to create a spreadsheet soon but apparently the spreadsheet is not recognized by my usual browser.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to you and Rover! The spreadsheet is a wonderful tool to help you figure out Rovers patterns. If you need help setting it up, let us know and somebody will help you.

Sarah Smith likes this.
  3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

The spreadsheet will be helpful for us to guide you. Rover's insulin needs may have changed and that is why you are seeing the bouncing. 4 units is a high dose for most cats. Have you tried reducing his dose to see if his numbers look better?

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The spreadsheet is in Google sheets not Excel. Some tablets like a kindle can not access that app.

5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome. I posted some history and what I have in the Health forum.

Yes, 4 units is rather high. That is what it took to get the numbers into range and what he has been taking until recently.

6. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Welcome to you and Rover :)

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome.

If you have some home glucose test data, that'll give us some ideas of what is going on. There are 2 really important times to test - before you give a shot, and whenever possible, around +5 to +7 hours after the shot to see how low the glucose has gone (the low point is called the nadir)

While you figure out the spreadsheet, have a look at my signature link Secondary Monitoring Tools and tell us about any of those which seem unusual - dehydration, food and water intake and output, behavior, etc.

8. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.