Introducing Roxi

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by manxcat419, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

A couple of hours ago, we welcomed our newly adopted sugar cat home. Roxi is an 8 year old, long hair tuxie girl and came to us from New York with assistance from DCIN to arrange transport for her. She joins Rosa, who is still maintaining her remission, Rosa's twin, Regan and our youngest cat, Licorice. While Roxi is still very stressed from her flight and, of course, having to adapt to her new surroundings, we are sure that she's going to be a very loving addition to our family once she settles in. I will, of course, be setting up a spreadsheet for Roxi as we start the dance with her. :)

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

manxcat419 likes this.
  3. manxcat419

I'll get some as soon as I can. At the moment, she's hiding under the bed and doesn't want anyone to look at her! But once she's calmed down a bit and comes out of hiding, I'll have the camera ready! :)

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Its OK to let her get settled in just 1 room for the moment. It'll become her home base for venturing forth.

manxcat419 and Critter Mom like this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

A new sugar baby! Roxi is a very lucky girl to have you as her new mum, April. :cat:

Mogs

6. manxcat419

That's exactly what we're doing for now. She's in our bedroom and all the other cats are shut out of there. We want to give her a chance to get settled before she has to deal with the other cats, though Rosa is desperate to meet her new friend and is hanging around outside the door! :)

Thank you so much Mogs. :) She's a beautiful girl and I know she's going to get on well with the whole family once she gets settled in a little. She was actually very affectionate with me in the car on the way home, so I know she has a very loving side to her once she relaxes a little. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you can share the picture DCIN had of her?

Of course once you apply your magic touch, she'll look like a whole new kitty!!

Congratulations Roxi!! You hit the jackpot!!

jayla-n-Drevon and manxcat419 like this.
  8. manxcat419

Oh, good idea Chris. I should be able to copy the link to here. Let's see if this works... https://www.facebook.com/DiabeticCa...717841924914/1254474204582600/?type=3&theater

She's been really well taken care of by the looks of things - no neuropathy and she's not badly underweight or anything. Though I'll be running a curve on her as soon as she's calm enough to let me to see exactly where her numbers are at the moment...so probably not for a day or two until she knows I'm not going to hurt her (and I can be sure she's got past the stage of being scared enough of us all to lash out at me too)!!

Of course it's a little less nerve-wracking this time around as I do at least have a reasonable idea what to expect - and we had time to prepare this time around too rather than having a surprise diagnosis dropped on us. Though as ECID, I'm sure I'm still going to have a whole lot of questions about things that just didn't happen with Rosa! :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

AWE!!!
    you are the best April and Roxi is a beauty.....
    I just don't understand why having a baby means dumping your cat..... and this is why I work with animals not humans:blackeye:

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new fur child! She is indeed one very beautiful girl. Love those white whiskers and the white bib! As others have said, she is indeed lucky to have such a great Momma! :bighug: for taking in another sugar baby!

11. manxcat419

Well, they said she'd scratched their older child twice. She is a bit handy with her claws at the moment, so I think her fear response is to lash out rather than run away. I'd imagine if a kid did something that scared her, she might scratch. But I've never had a problem integrating kids and cats and my husband's sons are all teenagers now, so I don't see us having a problem - it's often as much about teaching the kids as training the cat!! And I agree - I find animals much easier to deal with than most people (obviously the exceptions to that include everyone here as everyone is so dedicated to their pets and I find people who truly love animals much easier to get along with). But she has been well cared for and I could tell her previous owner loves her - he was very concerned for her welfare. I'm just glad for me that she needed a new home so that I could adopt her. :)

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  12. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

A gigantic WELCOME! She is beautiful and how wonderful of you to welcome her into your home.:bighug::cat:

13. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Ditto. :)

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Many moons ago I ran across a quote from a fellow named Will Judy. He said " I have trouble liking otherwise good people who don't like animals." I find this to be very true in my life too!

15. C & Winnie & Lily

C & Winnie & Lily Member

Congrats to you and Roxi!! I remember seeing that beautiful girl on DCIN and hoping she found a loving home. How wonderful that she'll be with you! I hope she settles in quickly.

Critter Mom and manxcat419 like this.
  16. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oooohh, so exciting!!! Welcome to Roxie! She's such a beautiful girl! Congratulations, April! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

manxcat419 likes this.
  17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new kitty. She is a beauty. Welcome home Roxie!

manxcat419 likes this.
  18. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your beautiful new girl. Roxie has such longgggg whiskers...just adorable!! I am sure she will settle in nicely once the stress of the transporting wears off.

Also if an animal doesn't like a person...listen to your animal. If I had I never would have married my ex...the kitties had no use for him and they were right ;)

19. manxcat419

Mine too, Mary Ann. And I learned from that. I knew I'd found the right one this time when Rosa and Regan, who don't usually like people they don't know, took to him instantly! :)

Critter Mom and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to Roxi. What a lucky kitty to have found you April.
    All the very best to her as she settles into her forever home.
    I agree it is the kids who need the training not so much the cat. I have always taught my kids and grandkids that they must always to be kind and gentle to all animals.

manxcat419 and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.