Introducion

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Terri Lynn & Jake, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri Lynn & Jake

Terri Lynn & Jake Member

My name is Terri Lynn. I have a vet estimated 5 or 6 year old diabetic kitty his name is Jake. He was diagnosed on March 28th of this year. He was started on Novolin and I swiched to Lantus on May 10th of this year. Not sure what other information I need to post here but I guess I will learn as I go along. Not really familiar with message boards.

2. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Hello Terri welcome My name is Julia and my cat is Magellan. Magellan also started on Novalin and is now on Lantus, what are you feeding him, are you home testing his sugars? Your in very good company here and I am glad to meet you, welcome to the board. The best place you would never want to be in. :) :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Terri Lynn & Jake

Terri Lynn & Jake Member

Hello Julia. Sorry I took so long to respond. I could not find my post after I put it in lol. I just checked my email and saw you posted. I only feed Jake Fancy Feast Classic(Tender Beef his favorite) Tried Friskies classic pate but he hates them all. I do home testing. Only reason I am still up lol. I try to do every 3 hours but he was low for Jake today so I am being extra cautious. Thank you so much for the welcome. I look forward to learning what I can and keeping my baby healthy.

4. Julia Rae

Trust me I understand late nights.. All of us do, and it is an honor to welcome you to the sugar dance. I notice that you have not stared a spreed sheet on Jake , it is a good tool to help you see patterns and to help us give advise. It would also be helpful if you added information to your signature area as you see in mine.
    Sticky 12/27/14 How to Create a SS and Link it in your Signature,
    Sticky Updated profile instructions
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-use-the-fdmb-the-basics.130682/
    I think you will find this information helpful, we are all willing to help and willing to answer any question. There are no stupid questions here.

5. Terri Lynn & Jake

Terri Lynn & Jake Member

Julie I do have that ss. I will try to post link here. this HTML class. Value is https://docs.google.

6. Julia Rae

It is not letting me load the info

7. Terri Lynn & Jake

Terri Lynn & Jake Member

I put it in my signature thing. Sorry. I dont really know what I am doing

8. Julia Rae

Hugs, breath you are doing this right, this is frosting right now to your diving kitty. You and Jake will get through this together so breath and give your fur baby some cuddles your both probably needing it.

9. Terri Lynn & Jake

Terri Lynn & Jake Member

Is that where it should go? I am so confused I think I did it right. I am

10. Julia Rae

Yes it is.. you did good

11. Terri Lynn & Jake

Terri Lynn & Jake Member

I just tested again he went up to 73 which it is now his +6. When should I test again? I still have not gone to bed

12. Julia Rae

I would just to make sure you want at lest 2 tests that show he is rising before you go to bed that is my advise

13. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

We have 2 protocols for using Lantus

Tight Regulation
    Start Low, Go Slow

With the testing you are doing, the Tight Regulation one should be a cinch for you.
    Note that since Jake goes below 50 mg/dL, if using a human glucometer, he has earned a 0.25 unit decrease. If you are using a pen injector, you'// need to pick up some uU-100 syringes. Otherwise, just eyeball between 0.5 and 1.0 units to give 0.75 units. We also have instructions for using calipers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.