Introduction - Nami

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sohalia, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

Hello!

My cat was recently diagnosed, she's currently on Purina Pro Plan DM, and she seems to be managing well so far without insulin. She is nearly 8 years old, and 10 lbs. I've been taking her glucose levels every other day at home, and I mostly joined to ask a quick question from you guys about her most recent reading, and if anyone has any experience moving from the US to Canada (or vice-versa) with a diabetic cat.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. I saw that you found the Main Forum and posted a question about glucose levels. It would be helpful if you would create a signature telling us about your kitty, such as name, gender, weight, diagnosis date, type of insulin (when and if) type of meter used, type of food, any other medical concerns or issues, any pertinent information. This signature displays with each of your posts and enables members to review to better answer concerns and questions, without having to request the information each time or try to locate it in previous posts.
    To create the signature select your name at the upper right hand corner of this page, and then select Signature. The information and be updated or edited at any time. When I first arrived here I found a great deal of valuable information in the Health Links/FAQs forum, Index section. It contains links to various aspects of care of a diabetic cat that may answer many of your questions. :bighug:

3. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

Thank you! I saw that people were using signatures like that so I tried to emulate them. I'll add that extra information on. I did try a few of the links in the FAQ, but unfortunately a few of them weren't working. It's a lot to take in all at once!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

It is a lot to take in at once, and no one expects you to become expert overnight. I am relatively new myself, and now that I don't feel in a panic and under pressure, I am going back and re-reading the yellow tagged infos and stickies, as well as the information on the home page and in that index. I was trying to learn it all, do it all and made myself crazy. I would say, first get comfortable with testing. Even if Nami does not have to be on insulin, it's still a very handy tool for monitoring. And if insulin becomes a factor in yours lives, that's one less hurdle for you. She's a beautiful kitteh, and she's lucky to have a momma bean that cares so much for her.

5. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

Thank you! I'm sure that eventually she will need to be on insulin later on. I'm just trying to get her used to having her ears stuck. I'll have to look at the stickies myself when I have time. Your kitty is so fluffy! :cat: I love the quote in your signature by the way, I love Maya Angelou.

Idjit's mom likes this.
  6. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.