Introduction to forum

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marie, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie

Marie New Member

Hi! I'm Marie. I am a single 70 year old.....I rounded that down...:) My life pretty much revolves around my pets. I have two cats and several dogs.....oh, also just found a baby bird in back yard yesterday. Callie and Miss Kitty are my cats. Callie is a calico and was recently diagnosed with diabetes. Miss Kitty was abandoned when her owner was put into a nursing home. I didn't know about her until a neighbor mentioned calling Animal Control to "get rid of that cat"..........aargh. I went down with some food and oh, she was so tiny, so starving, I was so upset about the whole situation I just picked her up and added her to my zoo. Anyway, I ramble. Callie is now on ProZinc and script food. The price of the ProZinc is unbelievable! But I've been getting some wonderful advice on this forum and that's helped so much! My dog, Sam, is also diabetic so the vet seems to assume I know what I'm doing. ha. The next time I see him I will tell him every critter is different....Sam doesn't even look up when he gets his insulin, but Callie fooled me. She was good the first two times, then all of a sudden.... no, she wasn't having any of that nuisance. I'm working on it though. She has to have it so that's all there is to it. I do go on and on, so sorry. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to everyone who has welcomed me and given me much needed advice. I'm so glad I found this forum!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! I have a calico, too. They are queens, so you have to approach them with the utmost of respect. :smuggrin:

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Marie, Callie and Miss Kitty too.

5. KJC80

KJC80 Member

Welcome!

6. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Welcome! I give Cleo a treat before and after each injection. That has helped her learn to accept her shots. She starts begging about an hour before it's time for her injection.

7. Marie

Marie New Member

Isn't that something? Calicos, can't live without 'em.

8. Marie

Marie New Member

Thank you! :)

9. Susan Peterson

Susan Peterson New Member

I found that the treat plan works well also. This is all new to me, I have found some very good info. here. Thank you. My name is Susan Peterson, I have a 15 yr old Sphynx - Munchy.

10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

11. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to you all! My calico is named Miss Molly. She is the first calico I have ever had -- a former feral but now the sweetest little love bug. She is a Daddy's girl, neither of them can sleep if they aren't bunched up together.

I see you are already getting good info over in ProZinc, and I don't use that insulin any longer, so I just wanted to say howdy :bighug:

Best to you,
    Sandi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.