Introduction

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jessica1995, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica1995

Jessica1995 New Member

Hello. I just joined as I am interested in learning more about feline diabetes. I have been learning quite a bit about canine diabetes, and I figured it was time. You never know when one will need the knowledge. I currently do not have any sugar babies. I should probably tell you why I am interested in learning about pet diabetes in the first place. I am interested in learning about pet diabetes because I want to be a veterinarian and feel that there has to be someone who can use the knowledge to help owners and their pets since diabetes in pets seems to be rising. Let the learning begin!

Dyana likes this.
  2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.
    See the insulin sub-forums for info on those insulins

Jessica1995 likes this.
  3. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Welcome

It is great that you are being proactive about your learning and taking into account the experience of cat owners.

Jessica1995 likes this.
  4. Jessica1995

Jessica1995 New Member

Thank You! It just seems to me that there many vets, but some are just not very experienced or knowledgeable about feline and canine diabetes. There has to be a way to change that somewhere, right? If I take the steps now, then maybe there will be more experienced vets who know how to treat/manage this disease in the future.

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Yup. Brimley got up to 15 units of NPH. When we saw that, the first thing we did was give the info on managing hypoglycemia. There are 2 groups of reasons a dose can be that high: medical conditions or incorrect dosing ... and @Jessyca and @Mike hadn't been testing, they wouldn't have identified that it was the latter.

Jessica1995 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.