Introduction!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Saabs and Hemmy, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saabs and Hemmy

Saabs and Hemmy New Member

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ryan and our cat is Hemmy. Hemmy was recently diagnosed diabetic approx. 6 months ago. He's currently on ProZinc 2 units bid. We are currently feeding Hemmy MD dry and MD wet. However, I was introduced to Hillary and Maui (who is a god-sent btw!!!) and is sitting here with me now teaching me about home testing and nutrition.

Don't worry all, we are in the process of transitioning Hemmy off of his dry food and returning the prescription food for a refund. Hillary is showing me Binky's list and we are selecting his new "menu". He also has neuropathy and Hillary told me about MB12.

Hillary brought over some freeze dried chicken and he can't get enough... spoiled!! :)

Anyway, I'm thrilled that Hillary introduced us to this wonderful site and group. She's been AMAZING!!

Just wanted to say hi and that we'll be around. Looking for any help, guidance and support through this process! Thanks everyone!

2. Plugbait

Plugbait Member

That's great that you have someone so actively assisting you! Look forward to seeing you around and hearing about updates.

-M

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Welcome Ryan to FDMB! That's awesome that you're getting help with the home testing & diet. Make sure you come over to PZI Land. There are a lot of wonderful ppl that can chime in to help you. Hugs to Hemmy cat_pet_icon

4. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Welcome to you both!

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Well what an afternoon. I got to meet Hemmy and of course his bean Ryan. And what a love bug he is. While his pic doesn't show it, Hemmy's a peach colored boy with a white muzzle. And the looks he gives, you know he's thinking and one smart boy.

To give a little more background on Hemmy, he's 7 and was a dry food kitty AND received steroid shots early on. So, we all know how he ended up diabetic. Per Ryan, Hemmy is a true hunter cat!

I gave Ryan a couple meter kits and demonstrated how to test Hemmy. This cat is one good bleeder. Ryan did really well testing him and the more he practices, the easier it will get for both of them.

We discovered that Hemmy just LOVES freeze dried chicken. I know like what cat doesn't. I brought some with and he wouldn't stop staring at the bag willing the pieces to just fall out.

I showed Ryan my favorite websites for purebites and MB12 and he went off to pick up some treat for Hemmy and new food too. Also showed him how to set up his ss. Now that we're testing!

He's going to be traveling for several weeks and his live in pet sitter will learn to test Hemmy and track his BG's. If she has any issues, she will know to come to the board, as well as to contact me - Ryan - be sure to give her my phone numbers (I'll email them to you).

I have a really good feeling about Mr. Hemmy and hope with the food adjustment, insulin, MB12 that we can get this boy regulated and feeling good in no time.

Welcome to the group!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.