Introduction

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shelly Frey, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly Frey

Shelly Frey New Member

Greetings and thank you's,

My husband, Ben, and I have been together 21 years. In that time we've loved and cared for 10 cats and 4 dogs.

Two of the cats were diabetic.
    This website was an invaluable resource for my family during their illnesses .

The first, Ariel, was diagnosed in 2002 or 2003. She was 11 years old at the time and lived another 4 years.

The second, Zoe, diabetic was diagnosed at the age of 4 and lived another 11 years.

I miss them both, but I still cry over Zoe. The summer she died we lost Sam (17 year old tux) and Cleo (16 year old tortie). It was a bad year.

We currently have 5 cats and 2 maltise mix dogs.

Recently we moved from Milwaukee to Atlanta and in an effort to get to know people and community we started volunteering at Furkids (you may have seen their commercial )

We work with stressed and emotionally fragile cats trying to help them gain self confidence and restore their trust and curiosity.

When the foster manager heard we'd had diabetic cats in the past she asked us to foster an old one-eyed diabetic street cat that had been saved from Animal Control. He's called Bojangles.

Not much time passed and she was talking me into Jordan, a 2ish year old diabetic.

These two live in our mother in law suite apart from our own cats.

We're hoping to add three more fosters to that suite. Josh is 12 and has spent his entire life in the shelter. And Brothers Edmond and Eric who are 8 and have likewise never been outside of the shelter.

Never to have sun warm your fur or carpet beneath your paws. Not to know the joy of watching out of a window or feeling a breeze blow across your fur. There lives will be different with us.

We find out today if we will be allowed to bring them home. Keep them in your prayers, please.

Thank you for listening to my babble.

IMG_5370.JPG
    Bojangles the day we brought him home.

IMG_5494.JPG
    Bo after a month with us. Sweet as the day is long.

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome back to FDMB. How wonderful that you are fostering including the extra sweet fur kids. Bojangles is a real cutie and the difference in him after just a month of your TLC is very evident. Love those ears! Let us know if we can be of any help to your with your new sweet furballs by posting over on the Health board. :)

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Thank you so much for taking in these sweet kitties. I'll send prayers and strong positive vibes that you'll get to bring home the others.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Kudos to you and your husband for giving homes to these little creatures! :smuggrin: What an amazing difference in Bojangles after a month in your care!

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow he had some really long ears! Welcome !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.