Intro—Lomo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lomo, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lomo

Lomo New Member

Hello! I’m a 14 year old recently diagnosed with diabetes kitty. I’m a bit overwhelmed bc I’m a very picky eater and my mom is trying hard to find me a food that I like that is also low carb.

I had surgery about 10 months ago for an anal gland rupture so I also need a high fiber food in addition to a low carb/diabetic friendly non-pate wet food. Everything that is higher fiber seems to be bad for diabetes.

If anyone has any advice for this newbie, I sure would appreciate it.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Well Hi there Lomo and welcome to you and your mom to FDMB. Sorry to hear about the diabetes diagnosis, and also for the recent surgery.

First, Mom could create a signature so that the pertinent information is available with each post. Here is a link to creating the signature, adding profile information if you like and selecting preferences.

Editing your Signature, Profile, and Preferences

You may want to check out this Sticky:
    HOW-TO USE THE FDMB: The Basics to better see how to navigate and work in the FDMB format.

Diet is an important component of effective diabetic treatment, along with insulin therapy and home testing blood sugar to monitor how the diet changes and insulin are working. If home testing isn't in the process yet, we can explain how important it is, what supplies are needed and how to learn to test. Testing before injections ensures that it's safe to "shoot" and spot tests between shots lets a care giver know how low the blood sugar is dropping during the cycle. It's a good indicator if an insulin dose is too high, too low or being effective.

I think it would be a good idea to create a new thread in the Main Health forum HERE to ask the questions about a low carb diet with enough fiber to ensure a good combination for Lomo. This forum is just the welcome mat and more members monitor the Health forum and can begin to provide some input.

Best wishes going forward, you have found a treasure trove of great information and a very supportive community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.