Is anyone in/near Dupage County, IL need Lantus/syringes/strips

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mocha aka Cold Play, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocha aka Cold Play

Mocha aka Cold Play Well-Known Member

With my precious fur baby gone, I am attempting to recover some of the out of pocket medical supplies.

Is anyone near enough that they would want to pick them up? Send me a private message.

I have Lantus (5) of the 3ml pens that I paid $170 for. None have been used. They have been stored at the proper temp in the fridge. One of the pens has the pull-off tip from the "needle" that a pharmacist did only to show me. But, it was not dispensed.

I have four (4) full boxes of the .3ml 31 gauge syringes. It cost me $15-18 per box.

I have two (2) full boxes of the BD ultra fine specialty Lantus star pen "needles", 100 per box, which pharmacist told me I had to use but apparently you can use the other syringes. $40 for a box of 100

I have ten (10) boxes of 50 each glucose test strips for the Relion Meter or Arkay gulocard 01. $19.00 per box of 50.

I have a box of 100 thin lancets 26 gauge (unopened) and another one opened but it is full. Believe this was a few dollars so would just give them away if purchasing something.

I have two (2) never opened Arkay Glucocard test METERS. $15 each.

If someone wants to pick them up for a reasonable cost to what it cost great! Otherwise, I will post it on the sale closet forum in about a week.

Miss you Mocha. Your paws still press on my heart and bring tears to my eyes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Good to see you, Kari. I've thought so much of you and Mocha. :bighug:

Mocha aka Cold Play likes this.
  4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Kari}}}

How are you doing? I think of you and Mocha (and Latte) often.

5. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking you and Mocha:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Kari :bighug:

7. Mocha aka Cold Play

8. Mocha aka Cold Play

Please let me know if you run across someone who needs the products you shared with me.

I am struggling. Latte misses her also. She used to let me sleep and since Mocha is gone she wakes me up at the times I would often check on them at 3am and 5am. My sleep is suffering so my pain is worse.

Our balcony project is going to be worse than thought. We have to find alternate housing for the day for my hub and I and Latte. Hopefully someone will let us use a room of their house over the 5months we face. None of us will be able to stand the jackhammers on our small building. Thanks for asking.

Miss everyone. Just hard to come back.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I posted your info in the Facebook group. Gizmo wakes me up at shot time, too.

I hope your apartment complex is doing something to offset the cost of your having to find housing.

I'm sorry it's hard to visit.

10. Mocha aka Cold Play

Thanks. We knew that a renovation was upcoming but it was sorta treated with little concern because they had talked about it for years. We did not expect it within a few months of unpacking. Or that it would last 5 months and be 8 hours a day with 4 scaffolds jackhammering for 5 days a week. If we were able to work, at least we could deal with it. But, since we are both unable to work and Latte is super sensitive to noise....we need to find something.

Interesting about Gizmo. Wonder if it will change over time? Have you heard from anyone else further down the road about how the 2nd cat adjusts? I could try to not pay attention to her when she is rubbing her wet nose in my face and rubbing my head with her face....but I just can't. I pet her and in so doing, I figure I am reinforcing her waking me up. But, I just can't bring myself to not pay attention to her since I think at that time she is most lonely. I am sure you and Gizmo are still aching for sweet Gabby. Leaves a hole in our heart.

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Kari.

I'm sorry it's still so hard for you and Latte. I know how much I miss my girls, so I understand.

Actually, if you wouldn't mind sending the Ondansetron and needles back to me, I can probably use them now. Harvey is having more tummy issues as his lymphoma progresses and I actually had to give him a shot of it the other day. I'll be happy to reimburse you for the postage.

I hope you find someplace you and DH and Latte can stay while the noise is going on. Five months is a long time to have to put up with that! Did your old house finally sell?

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think how the other cat adjusts is an ECID thing. In part,Gizmo gets me up because it's the time I usually get up. I opted to not alter my wake up even though I could have shifted by about 30 min. I did realized how much more attention I gave Gabby and I am giving him lots more attention.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Kari, you and Mocha are missed for sure. I think we can all understand how painful it is for you to come back. Sure hope you can recover some of your cost from the supplies you have. What ever doesn't get sold, maybe you would want to donate to an animal shelter in Mocha's name. Wishing you lots of luck to get recollected during your noisy renovation.

14. Mocha aka Cold Play

I will gladly put the box as you provided me back to you. I still have your address on it. Sorry to hear about Harvey struggling. Don't worry about the postage. You kindly sent it to me. I will get it back to you on Monday. It appears they are all closed for today and tomorrow.

The house has a contract to close on 4/22. The buyers need to get their loan processed. Our house is completely empty now.

It seems like a lot to hope that someone would let us rest in their home each day but if anyone was going to be housebound and they had to go thru it, I think we would all be opening our homes. Hoping someone has a mother in law suite (w/o the mother in law). Will see. Have a few weeks to find someone.

15. Mocha aka Cold Play

Me too. I knew it at the time as I would see Latte's looks at me as Mocha always was fed first to occupy her (not to be mean but to keep her out of Latte's). I am trying to cherish Latte for Latte, despite the grieving. It is nice that schedule was close to what you desire. For some reason I do not desire a 3:00 wake up. :smuggrin:

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Kari in our area they have short term furnished apartments for transients, new jobs and house not ready yet or people displaced for whatever reason. Might be something you could look into if no one steps forward. :bighug:

17. Mocha aka Cold Play

Thanks. I hope in time I can check in more just to say "hi" to each of you, whom I miss. Just hard not to get a lump in my throat for now.

The shelter is a great idea. I thought of my "stingy vet" who may have someone who could need it to encourage them to start. But, his stinginess forced a "hoarding" on my part because I felt I was not going to get the syringes ( no refills ever). or insulin. So, you see I have 4 boxes of syringes. Most important is to bless the life of a needy kitty. I love your idea, as I can't let me vet in on my hoarding while I still see him for a time for Latte until we can get past the reno. A home vet is where I will go with her but when our home will be under construction, have to stay with him for most of this year.

May all the kitties in Lantus Land prosper with the love that overflows to them! I miss checking in on them.

18. Mocha aka Cold Play

This was my backup plan. There is an extended stay 15 minutes from us that has a great weekly rate, compared to a motel. Nice to have the small suite. It just adds up when you need it so long. They won't lock the rate in beyond 60 days. It may be needed no matter what. Thanks though. It was hard to find a place that allows a cat. I looked at public state park cabins.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  19. Mocha aka Cold Play

@Bobbie And Bubba , it does not seem to have much movement on the supply forum, so I did contact 3 shelters. Will make it easier on me to just ship one place.

As it should ONLY be, the shelter who first responded that they had need was the very SHELTER THAT SAVED HER FOR ME! Kind of a sweet story. She was brought in as a kitten. Someone adopted out for one year and returned. Can you imagine what that does to them? I then adopted her. She had been mistreated so there were trust issues for a year. But, I was always thankful that whomever adopted her cared enough to get her back to Save A Pet instead of abandoning her. And, the shelter she came from is also where my first cat came from. It is one hour away but after the first adoption I just felt I was to go back to the same shelter. And, indeed I was for a Mocha rescue.

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Kari,
    I hope that you can recoup some of the money you spent on those supplies. But to donate them to the shelter that brought you to Mocha is a wonderful thing. Just think of how many kitties will benefit from your generosity.
    I hope that you will find a solution soon to your housing issues.
    And I don't think you can ever spend too much time with Latte. She needs you to help her grieve. You will both have a stronger bond as time goes by.
    Thinking of you and Latte,
    Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

21. Mocha aka Cold Play

When I added up the cost, I was astounded in a bad way. It would be nice to have some cash but maybe it is best to just give back. I looked at one cat to adopt and would you believe he was diabetic? We can't adopt while our lives are so upset the next 6 months but I thought what are the odds that I am drawn to another diabetic?

Thanks for your concern and care.

Latte does play more now that she gets the chance. She comes to me and wants me to play chase and then she flops on the floor for lots of petting.

22. Bobbie And Bubba

What a serendipitous sweet complete circle! You are still doing good by sweet Mocha. Hugs Kari!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.