Is it possible to give .10 or .30 units with Prozinc?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, May 2, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

I was able to get 10 of the u100 syringes tonight (even though there were two of us she said she could only give us 10 without a prescription ...)

And they look great, identical needle length and gauge to the u40s I've been using.

But I'm looking at the needles and looking at the conversion chart...

And it seems like you can't do .10 or .30?

I thought I remember seeing doses like that on other people's spreadsheets but now I'm not sure what type of insulin they were using.

Does anyone know?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

3. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Do you know how?

I don't see .10 or .30 on the conversion chart...

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Multiply the ProZinc (U-40) dose you want to give times 2.5 and that will be the dose to give with the U-100 syringe.

So, for a .10 unit dose of ProZinc, you would draw to .25 unit on a U-100 syringe. Now, the syringe is not going to have a .25 unit marking, so you would have to eye it, aiming for halfway between the zero and .50 unit marks.

By the way, I am not seeing why you aren't just holding the .50 dose for now (or skinny .50, if you are more comfortable with that). I don't see any cases where Jasper dropped too low but there are quite a few dose adjustments along the way... f.50, s.50, .25, etc. I have not been following things closely, so maybe I've missed something.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Here's something I made for someone else using U-100 syringes with Prozinc. The U-40 insulin (like Prozinc) usually increases by 0.25U and these doses are a little trickier on U-100 syringes :D.
    For 0.10U of Prozinc, you would draw 0.25U (1/4 unit) on a U-100 syringe. These are easier to see if your syringes have half unit markings too.
    For 0.30U of Prozinc, you would draw 0.75U (3/4 unit) on a U-100 syringe.

[​IMG]

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.