Is it "Scarf and Barf"? Excitement? Stress? or ...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by cat and sweet max, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat and sweet max

cat and sweet max Member

something else. Sweet Max goes after the youngster Layla. It upsets everyone. Thankfully, Layla manages to get to high places that Max could never get his "fluffy" but up to. I find vomit all over the place. The other night, shortly after an attack, poor Layla vomitted 4 or 5 times in a row.

I don't know if there was a fight earlier today. But shortly after Layla ate 1/2 can of FF Tender Beef, she BLEW!! And I mean BLEW!!! It went in a fan shape, about 4 1/2 feet wide, and about 5 feet out.

She is petite, very playful, and very happy. The oldsters sleep day and night. Layla plays day and night. I never find hairball remnants. Any ideas what is causing this?

Thank you!

Cat, Sweet Max, and gang

2. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

I'd be taking her in for a check up... that doesn't sound minor. Sure it could be but if it's that much and it's projectile ... sounds serious to me.

3. cat and sweet max

cat and sweet max Member

Thank you for your reply. She was periodically vomitting months ago. I got the "scarf and barf" term from this board. The weird thing is that there is no gagging first. In fact, I was nearby when she "blew" tonight, and the only thing I heard was when it hit the floor (Sorry for the graphics).

She looks and acts fine. And money and transportation is lean. I was wondering if there are things I can do at home to be reasonably certain it's not serious.

Thank you hugs, Cat, Sweet Max, and gang

4. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Well, you might try giving her 1/4 tablet of the Pepcid AC (not complete that's bad for them)...Maybe it's an upset tummy and the Pepcid AC works well for a lot of us. And it doesn't work, you can use it for yourself if you need. Some give 1/4 tablet twice a day as maintenance but you might want to start with once a day and see if that helps.

5. cat and sweet max

cat and sweet max Member

Can that be purchased OTC?

Thank you hugs,

Cat, Sweet Max, and gang

6. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

yes it can. she could also have a hairball.

7. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

Could she be allergic or just not tolerate beef? The only time I have ever seen Angus projectile vomit was about 1/2 hour after his first meal of duck. Needless to say, it was his only duck meal.

Minou, on the other hand, is on the frequent vomiter plan. She does barf from stress and when she gets overly hungry.

8. cat and sweet max

cat and sweet max Member

Thank you. I gave her some Laxatone. And I will pay attention to what I feed her, to see if there is a correlation. Sweet Max's jealous streaks upsets us all. Layla has turned into a love bug, and I try not to respond in front of Max. She is the only animal that he hasn't accepted.

I offered Layla and the Doxie to a very loving home. Haven't heard yet, but that's OK. It gives me time to figure this out.

Hugs, Headbutts, and Healing!

Cat, Sweet Max, and gang

9. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Cat you just amaze me. All you've been through...I keep you close in prayer.

Jeanne

10. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

I was going to say maybe it is the beef as well. I know my Phoebe vomits after eating beef..so no beef in this house for a few years now. I hope Layla will be okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.