Is it worth buying syringes in bulk?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beck, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beck

Beck Member

Okay, kind of a super minor topic, but maybe someone else frugal will chime in. ADW is advertising a $12 off $100 coupon til the 12th. With this discount and free shipping I could buy 1000 syringes for $96.36. That should be enough syringes to last 16 months, which obviously sounds way overkill.

Previously I had bought 200 for $29.29(includes shipping). So $14.65 per 100 vs $9.64 per 100. A savings of around 33%.

Anyone else bought a half ton of syringes before? Is it worth it considering the possibility of remission? Also, how likely is it that ADW will flag me as a drug dealer?(half joking on the last one)

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, that's a really good question. I buy my strips in bulk, so I think bulk syringes wouldn't be an absolutely crazy idea, especially since they don't expire. I could see myself doing it if I had the room to store them. My husband once said that he didn't care if we spent $1000 on supplies for Lou's diabetes and he went into remission right afterwards. He said it would be worth it. Regardless, the saving money aspect would be fantastic. :)

Beck and PussCatPrince - GA like this.
  3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i have a problem with stocking up on things when they are cheaper than normal and i hate paying shipping costs when it's close to what item costs, so yup once i found the ones i liked and they were on sale, i bought just enough to qualify for free shipping and used the 10% off code. got 8 boxes (13 months worth) even though i thought tux may go in remission someday soon. i buy the test strips in bulk too and because i have a problem, i still buy more whenever i get lucky and find a bulk lot of them for a buy it now price on ebay that is listed at a low price..

Bronx's dad (GA) and Beck like this.
  4. Beck

Beck Member

I think I am going to order the thousand syringes. If she does go into remission, I guess I could see if my local shelter needs them. Thanks for the feedback Sylvie and Amanda and a Loudogg!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.