? Is vomiting a concern?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie mueller, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

Hello !
    Smokey has always puked sporadically- was always a hair ball or mucous (small amounts).

Today- he puked one time this morning but a very small amount and now this evening after eating dinner he puked alot . I've never seen a cat puke this much ?

He otherwise seems fine and I went and had him eat a little more of his food because I had given his insulin prior to him puking.

I waited about 15 minutes after he puked and tested him and he was 270 on the alpha trak and 220 on the prime.

He seems fine but I'm just wondering if this is normal?

Jennifer R. likes this.
  2. Jennifer R.

Jennifer R. Member

Has his diet changed recently? That sounds worrisome.

3. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

No it hasnt changed at all .. and we are at about 2 hours since his shot and about an hour and a half since he puked and hes completely normal

4. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

While googling about this I have realized he didnt technically puke - it was regurgitating .. because he didnt gag or anything. It just came out and it still had chunks of food ... so I'm guessing he just ate too fast ... if that happens do i need to worry about the insulin dose ?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Vomiting regularly is not normal. A vet visit may be in order, *To prevent scarf and barf, you can feed small amounts at once, or get special bowls. Allergies are also a possibility. Keep track of which proteins you feed if he is throwing up food.

As for worrying about the shot, it depends if he’ll keep food down if you give it to him again slowly, and where his numbers are. Maybe get another test in tonight to see if he’s dropping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.