It's four in the morning . . .

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Snowleopard, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowleopard

Snowleopard Member

Hello, she typed, hoping that there is still someone out there in the universe to read this . . .

I have two cats. Cat#1 is a hail-fellow-well-met bundle of confidence brimming with good health, came into our yard as a young cat, vet-checked us thoroughly before deigning to offer us her services as a cat. She's about seven years old now.

Cat#2 is a cat that I found at a shelter (more of a hoarding situation than a shelter, but yeah) as a companion to Cat#1 when the kids grew up and moved out, taking the dogs with them. I went in looking for a playful outgoing young cat, came out instead with the one I had to get out of there. It was a long haul, but she turned into a happy little girl, if somewhat high-strung and anxious. She was diagnosed with diabetes this spring, shortly before I was to leave on a trip for the summer. After consultation with vet and planned house-sitter, I went on with trip as planned. Back for a week now, cat has seemed happy and healthy, but last few days she's gotten lethargic and lost appetite.

Took her in to vet yesterday, who said that she was hypoglycemic, and did an `assist feed', after which her numbers went up over 400. He said he thought she was starting to go into remission, and needed less insulin. Brought her home last night, and she went straight to her `safe space' and has pretty much stayed there in a kitty lump since. Won't drink or eat.

That is my intro. Heading over to the it's-four-in-the-morning-and-my-cat-won't-eat forum now. Thank you and hello.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome, Snowleopard. I hope you can find the help you need to assist your kitty to feel better.

5. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

Hi Snowleopard!

Welcome! I sure hope someone in here has answers to help you and Cordelia! If she's needing less insulin that's a good thing! I hope she can soon get back to being her normal self with her behaviors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.