Ittty, the lunch check-in

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by vansplic, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vansplic

vansplic Member

trying to walk but not successful. (up from being able to pick her head yp last night)
    Temp on heating pad 100.3 (up from a low of 92 degrees when she came off the heating pad and the 95 this AM)
    Fighting when her temp was taken.
    objecting to hospital food :lol: she will now lick it off of her lips and make faces (up from just letting it sit there yesterday)
    swollowing better but not well
    vet is not able to test magnesium levels nor does the lab she uses but there is magnisium in the stuff they are giving her for the potasium.
    Next check-in 3pm

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Glad to hear she is making progress. Just keep it up Ms. Itty so you can come home to momma bean. You gave us all a bad scare the other night. Keeping paws and fingers crossed while waiting for the SHE'S HOME! post.

Mel & Muse (GA)

3. vansplic

vansplic Member

Yes, she IS a fighter! I am hopeful that she will continue to fight this with the same tenasity that she fights the 80lb drooler with when there is a bite of left over chicken! At least that is the movie I keep playing in my mind.

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Nice report.

Has her blood sugar been good at the vet's office? Do you think she may want some of her own food brought in?

5. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

come on, itty! keep up the fight!
    glad to read a report on her. sending full recovery vibes for her.
    good news about the body temp
    don't forget to bring a worn t-shirt, flannel shirt, or something with your smell on it that she can have with her. i'd bring food from home or even chicken baby food to hand feed her. if you put food on your finger and into her mouth you can scrape it behind her front teeth and get her to take it that way a little bit at a time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cam we are now all part of the itty bitty kitty commitee :lol:
    so many folks want to help itty, he's rather famous now.

7. vansplic

vansplic Member

Just got a call from the vet. Itty's BG has dropped to 60 so they are putting sugar back into her IV. I think she has some sugar in her IV yesterday but don't know for sure and don't know when they stopped the sugar. Her BG's have been good until this last one.

At this time we are praying that it is irritable bowel syndrome. The alternative is intestinal leukimia (?)

The vet does believe that the sugar issues were caused by the intestanal issues.

8. tuckers mom

Did they give Itty insulin at the vet's office? Do you know how much or when?

Chris has a good point, a shirt or something with your scent will help Itty feel a lot better. It will comfort him.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cam i sent you a pm

10. vansplic

vansplic Member

Itty Bitty kitty comittee ROFLOL
    Around her house her full name is Itty Bitty Kitty Witty
    And, OH, if you could only meet her! She can warm the coldest of non-cat people! She has the best Purrsonality (unlike her sisters)!

11. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

Lori's right, Cam! We are all pulling for that little girl!! Can you upload a picture so that we can see her pretty little face? I'm looking forward to the next update...sending positive thoughts your way...

s

12. vansplic

vansplic Member

Sadly the only pics I have of her are on a computer that is not currently working :(

She has a normal size frame but only 4 little pounds of cat on it so even the good pics are not that good. She is black and white with a white strip running up one side of her nose. It is really funny, she has almost the same exact pattern as our drooler who brought her home to me. I would say they were related if I didn'tknow better! :lol:

OK... found a pic on my phone... trying to send it to my email so I can post... it isn't great but it gives you something!

13. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

60 really isn't a bad BG reading. is that just nature giving the reading or is she still getting insulin? if she's not getting insulin i don't think they need to worry about that number as that's about where all my non-diabetic cats that i test run (about half dozen or so of them)

14. vansplic

vansplic Member

OK... found a pic but it will not let me use it as my avitar as I can't get the file size low enough :( How do I put her in a message or put up a link to her???

Vet is not giving insulin.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cameron if vet is not giving insulin that # really does not need to be fed sugar,
    unless there is something going on that i don't understand. from what i DO understand they never go too low unless on insulin.
    and yes 60 is a normal #.

16. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

The easiest way I have found to get the picture up is to up load it to something like Photobucket (free site) then copy and paste the code that has the img tags on it. That will put the picture in the message. You can also use Photobucket to resize the picture small enough to use a your avatar.

Mel & Muse (GA)

17. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

Awwww....I love the drooler story! Sounds like she was meant to be with you! I SO love that he brought her home!! She's such a fighter, Cam. She and the drooler knew that you were going to be her angel.

Ugh....it took me forever to figure out the avatar thing....if you upload your pics to a site like photo bucket, you can resize the pictures so that they work here. They have to be resized to less than 90x90 pixels to work. I don't know anything about adding pics to your posts...haven't tried that one yet!

Wow! 60 with no insulin! That's great!! Did they say why they were giving her sugar? Seems normal to me...

s

18. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i'm surprised at giving sugar for that number but maybe they're concerned it will drop further.
    the number may also be because she's not eating much.

19. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

So Cam how you holding up? Just a gentle reminder to continue to take care of yourself too during this stressful time. Easier said than done, right?

We are all pulling for Itty!!! Will be waiting for the next update on the both of you.

20. vansplic

vansplic Member

My guess is that her sugar was dropping pretty quickly so they wanted to get on top of it. Still working on the pic. thing... I have already re-sized and compressed a few times... Working on other methods as well!

Omi has stepped up to supervise the bean! She is my 8 y/o DSH orange tabby. The first kitty I got when I got out of the dorms! She is a wonderful kitty who started as my service kitty but then opted for early retirement as being social was not her thing... She will do it if she has to but really prefers retirement.

Pax, my son, is also stepping up. He helped clean up the mess from that first night while watching Robots and letting mom rest! :D

21. vansplic

vansplic Member

Bad afternoon check in. The IV is keeping her going but she doesn't want to do it on her own. Vet wants to send her to an internist but they need money "upfront" and I don't have it. Going down to see her.

22. vansplic

vansplic Member

me again... won't have FDMB access at vet... please feel free to call, text or email as I can get all those on my phone:
    xxx-xxx-xxxx
    cvansplinter @ gmail.com (remove spaces)

23. tuckers mom

It takes a few days for the potassium to kick in, it's probably still really low. Are you going to bring her some food? Have they rechecked the potassium, still giving some?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.