Itty has passed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by vansplic, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vansplic

vansplic Member

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your help, advice and support over the last few days.
    I went down to see Itty this evening and to talk with the vet about next steps. When I went back to her cage it was clear that the spirit that was the Itty I had known and loved had already gone. Her little body was there simply breathing but Itty was gone.

Her facebook page will stay up for now in the hopes of being able to pay off the vet as quickly as possible. I will also be asking for donations in her name to the DCIN and the Itty Bitty Kitty Comitee.

I will run a seperate post for this as well but I have a bottle of lantus that was opened Wed. and had just 1u taken out. It has been handled with kid gloves. If anyone in the Indy area needs it please let me know. If you can make a donation to Itty's vet for it that would be appreciated. My main concern however is that it not sit in my fridge and go bad if some kitty could use it. The other supplies I will be holding onto as chances are high that once the vet bills are paid and a savings account in place there will be another very special kitty in our home. If however there is an emergency please let me know!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

oh no! I'm so, so sorry!

I can't believe it, I have no words, but prayers for a safe crossing Itty.

:(

3. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Fly freeee little Itty!

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I am very saddened by Itty's passing. Please take care of yourself at this difficult time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:cry: stunned, no words.
    fly free itty

6. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Itty and keep watch over your loved ones.

7. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

My heart is breaking for you, Cam. :sad: :sad: :sad:

s

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Itty.

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry about Itty. You gave her so much loving care, I truly wish that her body had been able to fight a little longer but it wasn't meant to be. She is now at peace and happily bouncing on clouds.

(((Many hugs to you and your son.)))

10. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Angels & Prayers for you & Your little Itty Fly Free and no more pain little Itty..I am so very sorry for your loss...Wish I had better words...So very sorry Kath

11. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Itty comfort you...

...'til you meet again.

12. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss, after all you did to save her.

Fly free Itty.

13. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. You did everything you could, it was just Itty's time. Fly free little one.

14. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Aw, Cam, my heart goes out to you. Whether we posted or not I think we all got involved with Itty and her good fight to live. You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy. I wish I could see her picture but I am not on Facebook. Bless her heart.....she is at peace.......no more struggles......only tears and heartbreak for you. So sad and we all feel it and understand.

15. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

Pattie

16. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Oh Cam I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Itty. I'm sure Muse and the other GAs are taking good care of her at the rainbow bridge.

(((((big cyber hugs))))

Mel & Muse (GA)

17. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

This is my first post for Itty, yes I followed without posting, you were getting such good advice and support...I'm so sorry it is difficult to type through these tears.

May God bless and keep little Itty till you meet again.

jeanne

18. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

oh no! I am so sorry. I was hoping so much for Itty. this sucks so much! so so sorry Cam.

19. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

Itty touched a lot of people in her short time at FDMB. She'll definitely be remembered. So sorry for your loss, Cam. I'm glad that Itty knew the love of your family and that you were willing and able to do so much for her while she was with you. She soaked up a lot of love in a short period and she takes it with her. Hugs to you... :cry:

20. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear Itty passed on. How tough you both were and how hard you both fought.

21. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

oh, cam, i'm so so sorry. you fought hard for her, and i know you did what you could to give her a fighting chance. fly free itty, healthy and whole again, to the rainbow bridge.

22. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss ... you will meet again ....

23. vansplic

vansplic Member

You guys are the best. I really appreciate all your support.
    More info on Itty's passing...
    When I got to the vet she was clearly "not in there" but we brought her into a room with all her paperwok from all the vets, all the testing, all my numbers and what little we could piece together of her history before she came to me. It is very likely that Itty's family tree "didn't have many branches" or may even have been a wreath. Her nutrition as a kitten was most likely very poor and she would have been full of parisites. SO... she didn't have much to fight with. As we looked everything over together it became more and more clear that she had most likely been fighting with everything she had long before she came to me. In hind sight we never really had gotten her stabilized. We grabbed each "up" and held it tight until the next down... But with all the pieces before us on the table it was clear that there were more downs than ups and that each down was coming faster and going lower. The vet believed very strongly that she did have lukemia in her intestines that had spread and she would not be strong enough to go through treatment. She also belived that if she did survive treatment it would likely only give her another month or so and they would not be quality days.

So... now I have a rather strange question that I don't think I want the answer to ;-)
    I have been looking into local shelters (both kill and no kill) to see if I can find an FD kitty who might have a better chance of finding their furever home if they came with the insulin... But there are none... I can find all sorts of other special needs kitties but no diabetic kitties. Now in the kill shelters that doesn't surprise me but do even the "no kill" shelters put our friends with FD down????

24. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Cam, there are many FD kitties needing homes on DCIN. Venita would be able to help you or you could post in Supply Closet.

25. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Cam,

I'm so very sorry to hear about Itty. My heart goes out to you. Itty was so very lucky to have such a caring and wonderful Mommy.

Fly free Itty.

26. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Have you contacted Venita of DCIN about the insulin.
    She keeps a list, I think, of potential users for the insulin.

You CAN ship Lantus....ask Venita for details.

http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/

Or send a PM to Venita: 'Venita and The Boyz'

27. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( hugs Cam )))

I'm so sorry about Itty. She was very fortunate to have spent her last good hours with you. I'm sorry you didn't have more time together. We form bonds so quickly with these kitties, don't we?

28. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss of Itty (((((HUGS))))

Fly Free Itty rb_icon wings_cat wings_cat

29. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Oh, I am so sorry to see this. Like everyone else here, I had fallen in love with her, and have been so impressed with your bravery in learning to test in an emergency and doing everything you could to help her. She was blessed to have been adopted by you, and even if your time together was short, she got love & attention and I'm sure she was happy.

Fly free Itty Bitty girl rb_icon

30. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Fly free little itty bitty!

31. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CAM)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending many many cyber hugs for you. I am so sorry for your loss. Itty is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

32. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh I am so sorry! Kudos to you on your willingness to help another kitty!

33. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cam, as you can see, you and itty had a major impact on many of us.
    as for the insulin, Venita would likely pay for the shipment as i know you are financially tapped out.
    on the supply closet you might even be able to sell it.
    that is one of our rooms.
    usually people by lancet pens, but you never know.
    what is itty's facebook name?

34. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

35. chriscleo

dian & wheezer is fostering 2 diabetic kitties who need a forever home. she's fostered them for a long time now and really could use a break. deb & spot keeps posting in community to highlight dian's hope of finding a home for one or both of them. transport could be arranged thru fdmb. http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20220&p=216140#p216140

Venita has a charity, Diabetic Cats in Need, looking to place diabetics. looked up the link for ya: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21486
    she lists a cat in bloomington, indiana, looking for a home but the transport group will do what they can to get whatever cat to you if at all possible if another one on her list touches your heart more.

i think that would be the best possible use of the insulin you have, to take care of another diabetic who desperately needs a permanent home. (((HUGS)))

36. fluffy73

fluffy73 New Member

Sorry for your loss. R.I.P itty x x

37. vansplic

vansplic Member

I have posted the lantus in the supply closet and will monitor it and bump it frequently.

I have thought a great deal about the DCIN kitties and peanut. I do not feel it would be ethical of me to take on another kitty, especially a special needs kitty, right now when I owe the vet SO much money. HOWEVER there is still something everyone can do to help me possibly help another kitty... PLEASE continue spreading the word about Itty. The faster the vet bills are paid the faster I can begin to feel comfortable helping another kitty. Itty is on Facebook under Itty Bitty but I discovered that for some reason she was difficult to find. If you can't find her I am on there under Cameron Van Splinter and can send a friend suggestion. Just please if you friend request me put FDMB in there as I don't usually accept requests from people I don't know. "Itty" accepts any requests she can get! And the number of people friending her has continued to grow dispite her passing. If nothing else we can use it to get the message out that FD kitties are nothing to be afraid of!!!

38. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

((((Cameron)))) I am so very sorry to hear this about Itty. As others have said, many of us followed her story, but did not post as you were getting good advice.

Fly free, dear Itty. wings_cat

39. chriscleo

cam, i think i misunderstood what you were saying. thought you said you wanted to adopt another diabetic but what you meant was that you were looking for a shelter kitty to donate insulin to, as an incentive for someone to adopt, right?
    not sure shelters would take used meds, but DCIN (diabetic cats in need) takes diabetes supplies, too. you might want to ask venita about it if you don't find someone to get the insulin to.

40. vansplic

vansplic Member

I am working with DCIN to make sure the insulin gets used. My current goal right now is to be sure the Lantus does not go to waste. And yes, I am hoping that maybe if a shelter cat came with insulin to ease that initial financial strain it might be easier for them to find a home.

But believe me the temptation to adopt another diabetic kitty is already brewing! I just don't think it would be responsible of me until Itty's bills are paid. Also, I like to have a savings account set up for any new family members before they come home. So... It will be a little while.

41. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

I am sorry for your loss of your sweet kitty. Fly free Itty>>>><<<<

42. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am very sorry for your loss of Itty.

~M

43. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

So very sorry it was her time. Fly free Itty!

44. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know what its like to have a mountain of vet bills, and nothing else at the end of the day. We had a little one - Tyr, that we rescued once and he lived with us just about 2 months before he succumbed. For a time they thought he might be diabetic, but in the end they decided the low-blood sugar was just a symptom of whatever it was that claimed him possibly the parent virus of FIP, possibly some sort of kitten wasting syndrom. The one thing you do get to walk away with is the knowledge that they passed across both loved and claimed and that when the time came they'd get to be with you as their forever parent again on the other side. However brief or long it was, it was the best time of their life because they were loved.

45. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers going out for you. Itty is in great company over there at the Bridge, lots of kitties there to look out for her and help her get adjusted. She will watch over you from there now.

There has been so much loss lately... my heart is heavy today.

46. vansplic

vansplic Member

It is a comfort to me to know that Itty was met at the bridge by my Sable. Sable was abandoned by her mom moments after birth. I took her that moment and she did not leave my side for nearly 20 years. I know she waits for each of my littles ones to come just as she sat at the front door each day waiting for my retun from school. Itty is also back with the other strays from her "hood". And Tom who I believe was most likely her dad (and her uncle, half brother...) I know she is feeling better now.

47. RuthV

RuthV Member

Sorry to hear this. I hope it won't be too long before good memories blot out the sorrow.

48. spacey

spacey Member

My heart goes out to you and your furbaby Itty. I lost my Nermal last year and know how you feel. So sorry about Itty.

49. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so very sorry for your loss.

fly free Itty ! wings_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.