JADE 7/26/18 ...OTJ

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jill & Jade, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

This is just a thank-you to all the people who have reached out to help Jade and I on this Forum. We would absolutely not have made it without the knowledge and support that we have found here. When Jade was diagnosed about 8 weeks ago, my Vet said to give 1 unit of Lantus every 12 hours and make a follow up appt. for a month. Zero mention of testing at home. I found the FDMB by chance while having panic attacks about her diagnosis and like many people, turning to Google. I found the FDMB pretty quickly and called my Vet to ask about home testing and was told it really wasn't necessary and to stop looking at online sites. THANK GOD I didn't listen!! How else can we know if they are falling down the proverbial rabbit hole that leads to Hypoglycemia??? Had I not ben testing, Jade would not have made it. She started at 1 unit, then .75, then .50 then .25 etc...until she was one ONE DROP. Literally, the drop that sticks to the end of the needle and she still slid down that slippery slope. Now I know that means that her pancreas was in healing mode and she was making her own insulin again. I never would have known that without landing here. So....thank you to all the wonderful people that have helped Jade and I . And Welcome to all the new people that find their way here. It's crushing and stressful and life altering to have your cats diagnosed with diabetes.I was right there just a couple months ago...ask for advice and trust the advice you're given. Reach out as often as you need. No question is silly and none will go unanswered. We all end up here for the same sad reason. We all have the common bond of loving our fur babies and wanting to do what's best for them. Help is literally a new thread away......
    Jill & JAde

2. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

The same here! Well said! Mango was in remission in 2 months with the help of this forum!!

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Jill & Jade likes this.
  4. Jill & Jade

Thank you!!

5. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

6. Mom2SweetPea

Mom2SweetPea Member

Congratulations!! What a relief!! I am so thrilled to have found this site and all its info. I don't post much, but I read A LOT!!! Your post is an inspiration!

Jill & Jade likes this.
  7. Jill & Jade

So happy you found this site!! Ideally, it would be great if none of us HAD to look for a Feline Diabetic site in the first place, but here we are. And you are in the BEST of company!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.