Jade Week 6 Remission// Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jill & Jade, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Hi all!! Jade is doing well at the 6 week mark. Yaaaa! Her weekly random test last night was 88. I’m on here everyday, watching. I feel so badly for so many of
    My fellow FD friends, and realize how very lucky Jade and I have been. Thanks to you all.
    I think my fur babies are getting sick of Fancy Feast. Go figure. Is Crave Pate ok?? Also, is ANY dry cat food ok to leave out? They haven’t had it since May, but would love to find one that is ok for them.
    Thanks for any input. Have a good weekend and I’ll be sending VINES to all in need. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

https://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf
    Great on being OTJ- my Baby is celebrating 4 weeks today!
    This is the list of all the cat foods & carb content. I think every cat food is there! Young Again & Dr. Elzys clean protein are dry foods that are low carb. They both will send you sample if you call them. I suggest introducing any change slowly for them; to get used to it. My cat has stomach problems & too much of the dry can upset her tummy. Here’s hoping the remission lasts a very long time.... like forever! Lol

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I would not re-introduce it! If they have learned to live without it, why would you want to even go there? You can leave wet food out for them to graze on.

Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken is what I recommend if you must re-introduce dry food. It has 4 or 5 % carbs. Young Again Zero has only trace carbs but is very likely to cause runny, nasty poop.

Critter Mom and Jill & Jade like this.
  4. Jill & Jade

Yaaaaaa Baby!! I do have the food chart, Crave isn't listed on it.I'm fairly certain that it is low carb, but wanted to be sure. Thank you for the suggestions!! Since they have been off the dry, they pester me every few hours for food.:rolleyes:

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I leave wet food out for my girls to graze on. If they some asking for something at some point during the day, I add a little water to whatever wet food is left and sprinkle some crumbled PureBites freeze dried chicken on top.

Critter Mom and Jill & Jade like this.
  6. Jill & Jade

I don't need to, at all. Was just wondering if there was anything out there that is even good for them.I'm sure it's the dry food that gave her the FD in the first place....

7. Jill & Jade

Mine are bottomless pits. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.