Jake's not poopin'

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by breayle and jake, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

Hello everyone,

I have been giving my cat the raw food diet for about a week now, and he hasn't pooped in two days! I'm worried about him and can't take him to the vet because of money. I read somewhere that a high protein diet can make your stool very hard and when he pooped I saw that it was pretty hard. So I did some searching and found this link:

http://www.catinfo.org/makingcatfood.htm

She goes on to tell you this:

The last time he pooped it looked just like this... so here's the stinkin' question... how often does your kitty on raw food "do the doo?"

He gets a little bit of a ProBiotic Fiber supplement called arabinogalactan which promotes healthy flora and a wee bit of fiber to "get things goin'

thanks guys!

-Breayle

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I have my cats on both raw and canned and give them the choice of what to eat. (I do get sneaky and mix raw into the canned). So far, the box has daily presents - I have three cats and don't necessarily know who is leaving gifts and who isn't.

Do you add water to the raw food? You may find this helpful to help keep things flowing.

And if your cat is following what Dr. Lisa wrote, then I wouldn't worry about it - if you're getting presents and the cat isn't straining to go, then all is well and leave him be.

3. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Here's hoping you get a nice big present later today!! :mrgreen:

4. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

Welp he pooped! There was blood in it, and it was super hard... so I think he's straining really hard to poop it out. Anyone got gentle fiber ideas? I don't want to use psyllium it's just doesn't work gently, and I feel bad for the little pooper. confused_cat

5. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Mal and Tubby (GA) Member

You might try Miralax .Polyethylene Glycol powder.
    It's tasteless and effective.
    It is better for hard dry stools than fiber. :smile:

6. TrixtersMommy

TrixtersMommy Member

I don't know about the raw food, as I feed canned only, but I agree about the miralax. It's been a miracle for my Trixter! Good luck, and I hope your little sweetie starts pooping normally soon!

7. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

Pooped again this morning (god I never thought I'd be so happy to see POOP!) but it was still a little bloody so he's definitely straining to make dookie. I've been using something called Galactin by Premier Research Labs, it's basically a plant fiber called Arabinogalactan, not only is it fiber but it also promotes a healthy immune system and the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestines!

http://www.vitalityscience.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=20

It's tasteless and odorless so it's good for the food but I wasn't getting any results so I became impatient. I'm always worried my good intentions might be hurting Jake so I'm always worried :(

So hopefully the use of this in his food more often will soften those poopers up for my little pooper! If not I'm gonna try the ones you two suggested ASAP. Thanks so much guys, and Jake's bum thanks you :)

-Breayle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.