Jake's Poopin bad!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by breayle and jake, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

The last time I posted under this topic Jake wasn't poopin! Now he's go some major diarrhea! I don't know what's going on, I'm going to stop giving him Wellness Formula Chicken/Turkey jerky and Vitakitty Chicken strips to see if these things are makin' his poop really runny (and stinky might I add).

At the moment he's eating Innova Evo (purple can). And his poop comes out generally the same texture/color as the canned I give him so I'm worried he's just not digesting it. It's even worse 'cos he always seems to miss the damn box when he has the runs! GAAAAWWW! So gross... has anyone got any advice? Are diabetic cats prone to diarrhea?

Poor mister kitty :(

-Breayle

2. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

Do you know what caused the blockage, and how did you treat it? How long has it been since he started having diarrhea? And are you still giving him stuff for constipation (or when did you stop / reduce it)?

There's a balance between constipation and diarrhea and it's moderately common for cats treated for constipation to get some degree of diarrhea after the blockage clears. If the cause of the constipation was never determined and you treated it by giving large doses of stuff to clear constipation (or tried multiple products to clear constipation), then it's very likely that he would have diarrhea after the blockage cleared. It's only if the diarrhea continued a few days later that I would be concerned.

3. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

Jakers was on a raw food diet for a couple weeks and it made his poop really hard. That made him strain to poop, causing blood to show up in his stool. I gave him fiber and probiotics, and switched him to canned (he actually refused to keep eating the raw and I ended up giving him Evo). After I gave him wet food his poop was great, and every day! That was about a week ago, then a couple days ago he started having the squirts... so all I've been doing is giving him probiotics. He's had diarrhea for about 3 1/2 days now. Although some poops he does during the day will be soft but not runny so each bowel movement isn't runny. I have been giving him Wellness formula chicken and lamb jerky, and vita kitty chicken strips. The only thing I can think of is his treats so I'm going to stop giving them to him to see if it's those things that are givin' him the poopers. When he was at the vet 2 weeks ago they did a stool sample along with his blood test and said nothing abby-normal about it.

So I'm thinking it's diet related... but I'm not sure.

cat(2)_steam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.